The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I dont think he will be sacked by Fox as it would put him under pressure for taking him on in the first place.  Mark my words we will be relegated under him.  I hope come the end of the season people will be responding to this post and telling me i am a Sh1t stirrer and i know nothing because we stayed up.  Thats not my intentions - all i want is the best for my club and imo he is way out of his depth.  In last 9 prem games this is our record.  Against these teams is that not proof enough that we are only going one way.  Take utd out of it and we should be min getting 3 wins and the odd draw.

Since 16th May in league

Southampton v Aston Villa   6 - 1.    Lost 

Aston Villa   V Burnely.         0 - 1.    Lost

Bournmouth v Aston Villa.     0 - 1.   Win

Aston Villa v Man utd.            0 - 1.   Lost

Crystal P v Aston Villa.           2 - 1.   Lost

Aston Villa v Sunderland.      2 - 2.     Draw

Lecister v Aston Villa.            3 - 2.    Lost

Aston Villa v West Brom.       0 - 1.     Lost

Liverpool v Aston Villa.          3 - 2.     Lost

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

I dont think he will be sacked by Fox as it would put him under pressure for taking him on in the first place.  Mark my words we will be relegated under him.  I hope come the end of the season people will be responding to this post and telling me i am a Sh1t stirrer and i know nothing because we stayed up.  Thats not my intentions - all i want is the best for my club and imo he is way out of his depth.  In last 9 prem games this is our record.  Against these teams is that not proof enough that we are only going one way.  Take utd out of it and we should be min getting 3 wins and the odd draw.

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

The win percentage which suddenly doesn't get mentioned as a defence.

• Like 1

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Second to none

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Second to none

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Second to none

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Second to none

I see what you done there, very good.

At least we are scoring goals i suppose

Moyes or Allardyce 

Moysie? Ummmm, no thanks.

THINGS AREN’T GOING well for David Moyes in Spain. At the weekend, his Real Sociedad side drew 0-0 in the Basque derby with Athletic Club and they sit in 12th place in the La Liga table.

Allardyce? I'll take a pass on that sauce, too

Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Preston North End[103] England 30 September 1992 30 November 1992 12 3 4 5 25.00
Blackpool England 19 July 1994 29 May 1996 102 44 23 35 43.14
Notts County England 16 January 1997 14 October 1999 145 56 39 50 38.62
Bolton Wanderers England 19 October 1999 29 April 2007 371 153 104 114 41.24
Newcastle United England 15 May 2007 9 January 2008 24 8 6 10 33.33
Blackburn Rovers England 17 December 2008 13 December 2010 86 30 23 33 34.88
West Ham United England 1 June 2011 24 May 2015 181 68 46 67 37.57
Total 921 362 245 314 39.31

Any more names?

Winning more games than you lose at Bolton and West Ham is pretty impressive. How many managers at either of those clubs can say that in the last 20 years? He got sacked at Blackburn and Newcastle but his record wasn't actually bad at either of those. He isn't the messiah but I think his brand of football is better than Pulis and he could get us to around 11th/12th if we needed someone to come in if things haven't picked up in the next couple of months.

• Like 1

That's pretty damning.

What a tit.

Not really we may still not be in a relegation battle

but he himself said we are

Ok I agree he puts his foot in it too much but I prefer someone like him to lambert who said said the same things every week. Anyway at the time he said we wouldn't be in another relegation battle we still had Benteke, Delph and Cleverley who were really the main players that kept us up last season. Having the spine of the team ripped out from under him and replacing them with with a lot of French league 1 players plus a few cheap English ones, he's got a very difficult task on his hands. The goalposts have changed a bit from the end of last season. Its now about survival this season.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

That's pretty damning.

What a tit.

Not really we may still not be in a relegation battle

but he himself said we are

Ok I agree he puts his foot in it too much but I prefer someone like him to lambert who said said the same things every week. Anyway at the time he said we wouldn't be in another relegation battle we still had Benteke, Delph and Cleverley who were really the main players that kept us up last season. Having the spine of the team ripped out from under him and replacing them with with a lot of French league 1 players plus a few cheap English ones, he's got a very difficult task on his hands. The goalposts have changed a bit from the end of last season. Its now about survival this season.

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Second to none

Since 16th May in league

That win %.

FWAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Second to none

Personally i prefer a manager who doesnt blame the players everytime there is a defeat and takes all the plaudits when there is a win.  Them type of managers dont last.  You never saw Fergouson or Mourinho coming out and blaming their players publicly to many times.

Why start from Southampton? Is it because it suits the argument? We were safe at Southampton and from then on it showed in the players so I disregard that just as much as some regard it. If anybody moans about this years results I will agree and understand and discuss reasons why but picking an arbitrary start point to suit an argument is silly. This season we haven't got the results we deserve but come May that can't be an excuse but after 7 games what can be used is the players still adapting. What did you think of Sherwood on the morning of the Southampton game when he'd kept us up and got us to an FA Cup Final? Or is that going to far back? 

We weren't safe at Southampton. We were only safe after that game because of other results. 

Disgraceful performance in that game that highlighted his severe tactical inadequacies. 

That game seriously pissed me off and set alarm bells ringing. What a horrible time to put in a performance like that.

We weren't safe at Southampton. We were only safe after that game because of other results. 

Disgraceful performance in that game that highlighted his severe tactical inadequacies. 

That game seriously pissed me off and set alarm bells ringing. What a horrible time to put in a performance like that.

Yep, a high line against them was asking for trouble, especially as we seemed to be quite narrow too - which allowed them to get in behind and down the flanks.

Personally i prefer a manager who doesnt blame the players everytime there is a defeat and takes all the plaudits when there is a win.  Them type of managers dont last.  You never saw Fergouson or Mourinho coming out and blaming their players publicly to many times.

Ferguson and Mourinho not blaming players?

Are you on the wind-up?

• Like 1

He said too many times.
And he's right. It's unusual for Mourinho to blame his players (although he's doing it at the moment!)

He's an expert in diverting attention from his team when they underperform, usually by making a tit of himself.

He said too many times.
And he's right. It's unusual for Mourinho to blame his players (although he's doing it at the moment!)

He's an expert in diverting attention from his team when they underperform, usually by making a tit of himself.

Bear in mind that Ferguson and Mourinho rarely have to say why the side is losing etc.  They will 'often enough' criticise their players - certainly no more or less than Sherwood is doing.

But you're right in diverting attention - both managers tended to talk about other teams rather than their own.  They hate(d) the attention being on their failings.  Again, if you're generally winning, it's probably easier to avoid.

They absolutely did do it less than Sherwood is doing this season (every game)

But you're right, it's much easier to avoid if you're winning games. We're not going to get that luxury with Tim in charge, I fear.

Fact is, Sherwood hasn't put his hand up once and said 'this is on me'

i hate that sort of arrogance. It can't exactly inspire confidence in the players. 

It's a tough one - it ultimately doesn't matter what is said about the players in the media, but what happens away from the screen.  Sherwood needs to provide a confident image for me (doesn't do that with the sulking thing) so I've got no problem with him not saying "this is on me".

I think people who don't like him will find anything to enhance that point of view.

• Like 1

Â