The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

You didn't address calling the players losers before the cup final. Shocking man management. 

Especially when he's probably the biggest loser of them all.

To be fair they were losers.

The players completely embarassed us. I had no objections to what sherwood said. I take it you are talking about the comments after the game?

Call them losers before the game, they go out and play precisely like that, not really surprising is it. 

You didn't address calling the players losers before the cup final. Shocking man management. 

The players completely embarassed us. I had no objections to what sherwood said. I take it you are talking about the comments after the game?

No, before the game.

He said we had a squad of losers a couple of days before the cup final and said he'd be getting rid of them. Probably wasn't the best time to be doing that

Wow really I must have missed that as i dont recall that. if thats what he said that is shocking

before. That why I used the word 'before' in my post.

Fact is, Sherwood hasn't put his hand up once and said 'this is on me'

i hate that sort of arrogance. It can't exactly inspire confidence in the players. 

did previous managers do that then?...do Refs do it?....do chairman/owners do it?...... do players do it?

very rarely.

Really poor point TRO. 

Refs and chairmen don't do post match interviews. Players don't blame other people and it's not their job to take the blame. 

Its part of a manager's job in any profession to take blame for their team and inspire confidence. 

For me, Sherwood doesn't do that. He's all bluster and he's being found out incredibly quickly. 

I dont think he will be sacked by Fox as it would put him under pressure for taking him on in the first place.  Mark my words we will be relegated under him.  I hope come the end of the season people will be responding to this post and telling me i am a Sh1t stirrer and i know nothing because we stayed up.  Thats not my intentions - all i want is the best for my club and imo he is way out of his depth.  In last 9 prem games this is our record.  Against these teams is that not proof enough that we are only going one way.  Take utd out of it and we should be min getting 3 wins and the odd draw.

Since 16th May in league

Southampton v Aston Villa   6 - 1.    Lost 

Aston Villa   V Burnely.         0 - 1.    Lost

Bournmouth v Aston Villa.     0 - 1.   Win

Aston Villa v Man utd.            0 - 1.   Lost

Crystal P v Aston Villa.           2 - 1.   Lost

Aston Villa v Sunderland.      2 - 2.     Draw

Lecister v Aston Villa.            3 - 2.    Lost

Aston Villa v West Brom.       0 - 1.     Lost

Liverpool v Aston Villa.          3 - 2.     Lost

6 of those teams you would exoect to beat Aston Villa as they are all better than us. The Burnley and Sunderland games are disappointing

Really poor point TRO. 

Refs and chairmen don't do post match interviews. Players don't blame other people and it's not their job to take the blame. 

Its part of a manager's job in any profession to take blame for their team and inspire confidence. 

For me, Sherwood doesn't do that. He's all bluster and he's being found out incredibly quickly. 

Managers that have said "this is entirely my fault", please.

i hate that sort of arrogance. It can't exactly inspire confidence in the players. 

does any manager blame themselves

It is still possible of course to qualify but it is difficult to swallow losing a game like that. We lost it on a lack of defensive concentration and bad luck. They had four shots on goal and we conceded three goals.

comments from a Premier League manager last night who made a bigger balls tactically than Sherwood has

incidentally 2 weeks previous he made these comments

The first yellow [for Giroud] is a foul for us and the second is an accident. They got away with obvious fouls many times. We have to take it on the chin.

what a disgrace not once blaming himself

It is still possible of course to qualify but it is difficult to swallow losing a game like that. We lost it on a lack of defensive concentration and bad luck. They had four shots on goal and we conceded three goals.

comments from a Premier League manager last night who made a bigger balls tactically than Sherwood has

The first yellow [for Giroud] is a foul for us and the second is an accident. They got away with obvious fouls many times. We have to take it on the chin.

what's your point?

hes not hanging his players out to dry there is he? Like Sherwood has done even after its his fault. That's the point I'm making. 

what's your point?

hes not hanging his players out to dry there is he? Like Sherwood has done even after its his fault. That's the point I'm making. 

Again, managers who have said "this is entirely my fault", please.

So that's where we are then?

'Expecting' the likes of west brom and Leicester to beat us?

Utter shite. 

I would say West Brom are better than us yes, given Leicester's finish and start to this season then yes you would expect them to beat us. You only have to look at bookies odds for Villa games to know that we are regarded as one of the worst teams in the premier league (and rightly so)

Mourinho blamed himself for Chelsea's defeat to Crystal Palace. I've heard plenty of managers take responsibility for defeats. 

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: "We didn't deserve to lose. But Palace gave us a very difficult game. The result should be a draw, which would still be bad for us. We did enough not to lose."

I saw that part but he also said something along the lines of the defeat was my fault for not making changes earlier. Not that that has anything to do with Sherwood, I guess, maybe Sherwood doesn't blame himself because he genuinely doesn't think it's his fault.

Head coach Ancelotti, whose side will drop to second if Barcelona beat Rayo Vallecano on Sunday, admits Real have problems in attack, but refused to pin that on his players.

"The responsibility is mine," he told reporters. "Others may say it is the fault of the team. But this is my [responsibility].

At that's just one of the first ones that popped up on the Google machine. 

Â