The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Really poor point TRO. 

Refs and chairmen don't do post match interviews. Players don't blame other people and it's not their job to take the blame. 

Its part of a manager's job in any profession to take blame for their team and inspire confidence. 

For me, Sherwood doesn't do that. He's all bluster and he's being found out incredibly quickly. 

Oh, You are being specific in relation to post match interviews.....I was generalising......thought you might pick that up.

Look, Every manager after every game could come out and say he got things wrong, sometimes they win and get things wrong, because the players have negated the flaws in the instruction and won the game for him......In some management circles they say " never say sorry " its a sign of weakness....not sure I agree with that but I understand the sentiment.....He can't come out after every game and say " I got it wrong" that equally is as sign of weakness....He has to get it right at BMH with himself, his coaches and his players.....coming out with every mortal detail of what went wrong is fatal..... as much as some fans would wallow in it.

Arguably, one of the best managers in the world is struggling to find an answer, after winning the title.

I like Sherwood, but I never knew if it would work out or not.....I was obviously always hoping it would.....I have no inside information to tell me that  any manager would be a success with us Klopp could fail.....Ron Saunders was never my first choice and Tony Barton, never heard of him at the time, but now I have the highest regard for both of them....Hindsight is an exact science.

Tim Sherwood, Needs our support, if we was to get rid of him now, we would be the laughing stock of football.....But If it did, and I hope it doesn't..... Nigel Pearson would be my choice.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Tim Sherwood, Needs our support, if we was to get rid of him now, we would be the laughing stock of football.....But If it did, and I hope it doesn't..... Nigel Pearson would be my choice.

Nigel Pearson......nut job......no thanks

Whoever he blames and whatever he says, he's doing a bad at the moment.

I'd agree with this, but i do sense that we are picking at everything he does. I'd rather talk about his real issues and that is still not knowing his best 11, constantly tinkering with the side. Also have concerns generally of the fitness, against West Brom, it was obvious who was the stronger and fitter side.

Too sensible, not enough dislike for Sherwood.

I think you are mistaking the 'dislike' of Sherwood, it's not that, it's a dislike of losing and performing badly thanks to mistakes by Sherwood.

It's not that hard to understand.

Whoever he blames and whatever he says, he's doing a bad at the moment.

I'd agree with this, but i do sense that we are picking at everything he does. I'd rather talk about his real issues and that is still not knowing his best 11, constantly tinkering with the side. Also have concerns generally of the fitness, against West Brom, it was obvious who was the stronger and fitter side.

Too sensible, not enough dislike for Sherwood.

I think you are mistaking the 'dislike' of Sherwood, it's not that, it's a dislike of losing and performing badly thanks to mistakes by Sherwood.

It's not that hard to understand.

Black and White VillaTalk again.

You're not allowed to be negative towards the manager because that obviously means you're negative about every little thing.

• Like 1

I think it is more fair to look only at this season. That is when he had his own players. The record is still very poor.

And the blame for most of the dropped points can be laid squarely at his doorstep.

se position when he turned us around last year so to say he can't is silly. This is his first time under pressure and a lot of managers don't actually survive that. We aren't playing that bad and have deserved more graham we have got. For me we've played badly in 110 min this season and really have only let ourselves down points wise against Albion and Sunderland. 

Wtf with this quoting.

I think it is more fair to look only at this season. That is when he had his own players. The record is still very poor.

And the blame for most of the dropped points can be laid squarely at his doorstep.

se position when he turned us around last year so to say he can't is silly. This is his first time under pressure and a lot of managers don't actually survive that. We aren't playing that bad and have deserved more graham we have got. For me we've played badly in 110 min this season and really have only let ourselves down points wise against Albion and Sunderland. 

Wtf with this quoting.

They say Tim Sherwood, does not know his best team

I don't think any of us do.

Wtf with this quoting.

se position when he turned us around last year so to say he can't is silly. This is his first time under pressure and a lot of managers don't actually survive that. We aren't playing that bad and have deserved more graham we have got. For me we've played badly in 110 min this season and really have only let ourselves down points wise against Albion and Sunderlando rst gers don't actually survive that. We aren't playing that bad and have deserved more graham we have got. For me we've played badly in 110 min this season and really have only let ourselves down points wise against Albion and Sunderland. 

Please can we have the old site back????

Impossible to have a proper discussion. Cannot even bloody quote someone.

They say Tim Sherwood, does not know his best team

I don't think any of us do.

I don't think Sherwood knows the difference between his arse and his elbow tbh

He talks a good game it's a shame it doesn't translate to performances on the pitch

Judging by the posts I have read, I think the majority of posters on this site, in my opinion of course, have a better idea of our best team than he does, and that has to be a worry.

Hurrah. Wish I knew how I did that!

If you click on quote at some point, but then decide not to post, it stores that quote, so the next time you quote it quotes the previous too.

Yeah, its actually not that difficult tbh once you get used to it. It does say in the bottom right as well how many quotes you've stored.

• Like 1

Hurrah. Wish I knew how I did that!

If you click on quote at some point, but then decide not to post, it stores that quote, so the next time you quote it quotes the previous too.

Yeah, its actually not that difficult tbh once you get used to it. It does say in the bottom right as well how many quotes you've stored.

Thanks, guys.

• Like 1

Sherwood brings 2 strikers on when he should have made a defensive change at 60 minutes, then brings Hutton on for a poor bacuna at I think 86 minutes when the game is all over. If any game, this was down to him 100%, but has the brawn to blame the players for letting in soft goals an being poor in the second half.

Im not a premierhip manager no, but surely when we looked under the cosh, at 2-0, bringing on defensive players would have been better than allowing us to struggle and leicester score 3, what was he trying to prove??

• Like 1

Regarding that Post match interview, that's how my 10yr old lad acts when we lose. Some people will laude that as passion, I just think it's childish, not what I want or expect from a highly paid professional football Manager.

Yeah I remember one Ashvilla, something along the lines of 'the players might forget this by the time we get to the motorway but I won't'

Â