The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If we're adrift by then, my condition will have come into play i.e. "as long as we're not cut adrift...".  If it's a case that we do get cut adrift at the bottom before Christmas then I'd expect Fox to do something about it.

• Like 1

Adama at wing-back would be a waste of his attacking talents. We need him around the opposition's box as much as possible.

The only reason I would do this, is that it means that we can fit both Gil and Grealish in the team, without sacrificing our "strength" in midfield.

Sounds more like you're trying to find a place for all 3 in a formation that doesn't suit. We may have to accept that all 3 at once isn't possible for us considering our defensive frailties.  

We have shown ourselves to be defensively frail even when playing 3 central midfielders - Gana / Westwood/ Sanchez - so I see no reason to stick with it. We might as well just play 2 and go for it. Whether that as a 3-5-2 I don't know.

You don't see the flawed logic in that?

We're frail defensively even with 3 midfielders so we may as well play less?

I see the logic there - we may as well be more attacking because we're frail anyway.  Let's just try and outscore the other team.

Ssn saying gabby okore and gardner close to returning from injury. Sherwood cant wait to stick that pathetic gabby on the team sheet for a forward he is a shocking player totally shocking. Glad okore nearing return tho him and richards yea please.

Edited by villan501

Putting the results aside, the stats do seem to paint us as a better team than 18th best.

CP8J-ftW8AAhLFP.jpg:large

I think the defensive suicide stat would probably give us 1st rank in that dept. 

Still though, it does back up what a lot of us were saying up until the understandable recent angerfest. All the more reason why he should stick to his guns and play football we don't have the players for 10 behind the ball military discipline, compact and concentrate for 90 mins, we need to go at teams to get points with this squad, or if we want to contain it should be by keeping the ball not by conceding 2/3rds of the pitch and playing a catenaccio which we just don't have the players to play.

Yep completely agree. He's feeling the pressure and is scared of losing now. He should stick to his guns. 

• Like 1

Ssn saying gabby okore and gardner close to returning from injury. Sherwood cant wait to stick that pathetic gabby on the team sheet for a forward he is a shocking player totally shocking. Glad okore nearing return tho him and richards yea please.

Gabby will just walk back into the side whenever he's fit and its a disgrace tbh

Woeful player

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Sherwood already talking up Agbonlahor saying he's "explosive" and recovering well from injury

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tim-sherwood-delighted-jores-okore-10157321?

ffs he's just going to walk back into the team isn't he

In the context he's using it in I don't think it's unreasonable.  He's just using it to say it's a bad spot to get an injury, which it is for a sprinter.  I'd be more encouraged that he's definitely bigging up Okore because through the performances of those above him, he's moving up the depth chart by doing nothing.  I just hope he grabs his chance if and when he gets it.

Gabby will just walk back into the side whenever he's fit and its a disgrace tbh

Woeful player

agreed mate but id love to know why he offers nothing 

Sherwoods lost the plot gabby is rubbish shouldnt make the bench. This is why sherwood sucks as manager he has a striker who cant finish his dinner let alone a chance we create he swans round the pitch robbing 60k + a week im telling you this ladies and gents with gabby playing its like having 10 men he was good for us but no longer suitable harsh maybe but fair also. 

Whilst Gabby doesn't score the goals he should, he still has an effect on play - especially if we're playing on the counter-attack.  See: Gil's goal against Leicester, Gil's chance against the Baggies.  That's what Gabby offers us now, rather than much of a goal threat himself.

• Like 1

My gripe is sherwood and his constant selection of gabby he is shite theres no debating that why the club offered him new terms is beyind crazy. Tim sherwood has 2 regulars he always picks gabby and westwood both rubbish sherwood even said westwood is almost a permanent starter or words to that effect.

Other players play bad a thats it out ya go but golden boys westwood and gabby sick if it now every week people rant on here how rubbish gabby is and how he offers nothing.

Tim dosnt no which way to turn he dosnt no his best formation nor his best team hes gone from saying we will never be in a relegation battle again to last saturday saying if we stay up.

He was so cocky when we stayed up now he wont say anything other than if we stay up mah mah mah i dont trust him one bit hes blaming everyone bar himself the useless word removed.

I think we need to judge him at christmas. If we are in the bottom 3 and there are no signs of improvement then maybe we can look at changing a manager, but football is far too results based and over a short period of time too. How many managers have we had since Oneill who have all struggled! We need to give him a fair crack at it.

• Like 1

I think we need to judge him at christmas. If we are in the bottom 3 and there are no signs of improvement then maybe we can look at changing a manager, but football is far too results based and over a short period of time too. How many managers have we had since Oneill who have all struggled! We need to give him a fair crack at it.

give him a fair crack you mean the same as he did to gil senderos and kozak yeah right sherwood got no idea now imagine bottom 3 at xmas he will have no confidence at all ad itll be to late.

Woeful player

agreed mate but id love to know why he offers nothing 

He agreed with you. And then you agreed with him. 

Is he going to agree with you now? And then what?

• Like 1

I totally get the criticism of Sherwood but some people have shockingly short memories when it comes to Lambert. That was the worst period of any football team ever.

Indeed. Worst football I have ever seen by Villa and I've seen some shit over the years! 

Lambert was given far too long. Seems like some fans want to go to opposite extreme and not give Sherwood any time. 

I've said it until I'm blue in the face but seven league games with his players that he wanted is not long enough. I don't know what the right amount is..12? 15? 20? I imagine if we lose the next 3 or 4 league games the pressure will be immense but at the moment I remain optimistic. 

• Like 1

What are the real consequences of sacking him to early v giving him more time ?  - I really don't see what we gain by prolonging the agony - (other than we have less available managers to choose from when making the change)  

His recent record is woeful , sure the players he has purchased need time to find there feet - but they should at least be showing something. They don't appear to know what they are supposed to be doing. 

We are only making it worse by prolonging the agony - time to act in the best interests of Aston Villa  (and for Tom Fox to grow a pair)

Agony? Hardly agony! Bit melodramatic. You said yourself the players need time. They are showing something. Richards, Amavi, Gana, Gestede and Traore have all shown their quality, sporadically. Results need to improve, sure, but way too early to pull the trigger

Â