The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Inexperienced manager makes rookie mistakes which leads to a woeful display from his team, bad starting line up, bad subs and bad tactics. He takes the blame for that.

What a surprise.
What's the surprise? I'm lost :(
I could have predicted a few names who would come and be extra critical of Sherwood straight after.
Ah right. I think it's fair enough to be critical of Sherwood and the players. It's not a "SHERWOOD OUT!" campaign :D

I actually think his starting line-up etc was fine. We were being more attacking. The Gil substitution was just wrong - well, in terms of bringing on Weimann. Should've been Westwood or someone who could hold the ball in midfield. For me, that's the only major thing that was wrong, but it was a sizeable error. Stoke completely dominated after that.

I think criticism is fine but like I said you could guess who'd come and put the boot in as soon as they could.

That's a bit rich isn't it?

I'd of been happy if we at least played some good football regardless of the result.  We hoofed it all day and once we scored we were terrible.  The manager got it wrong and as such deserves criticism.  Getting pathetic now posting on here and being labelled as this or that.  I comment on things as I see them and my opinion of Sherwood being appointed is that he lacks the know how and experience but I'll get behind him if he can do the business.  It is ok for people to have differing opinions isn't it? without being labelled and put into groups eh?

• Like 1

Not a great start, but not surprising.  Sherwood's overhaul is going to have to happen over weeks, not days.

If it takes weeks then it follows that'll it be more like years because if the impact isn't instant then we'll be relegated.

Exactly this. Whether it's 'fair' on Sherwood or not, there is no bedding in period and no time for him to develop a style of play on the training ground. He's been brought in initially with the one remit - to keep us up and he now has 12 games to do it.

There are 2 games that I think you can write off, but the other 10 are, on paper at least, winnable.

6 wins or 5 and a couple of draws should do it, but those wins have got to start coming soon or we are gone. He's been brought into to galvanise the team and get them going and he needs to deliver, otherwise it was a pointless appointment.

• Like 2

Inexperienced manager makes rookie mistakes which leads to a woeful display from his team, bad starting line up, bad subs and bad tactics. He takes the blame for that.

What a surprise.
I could have predicted a few names who would come and be extra critical of Sherwood straight after.
Ah right. I think it's fair enough to be critical of Sherwood and the players. It's not a "SHERWOOD OUT!" campaign :D

I actually think his starting line-up etc was fine. We were being more attacking. The Gil substitution was just wrong - well, in terms of bringing on Weimann. Should've been Westwood or someone who could hold the ball in midfield. For me, that's the only major thing that was wrong, but it was a sizeable error. Stoke completely dominated after that.

I think criticism is fine but like I said you could guess who'd come and put the boot in as soon as they could.

Right because criticising Lambert after giving him time in his sizeable tenure is the clearly the same as immediately jumping on a new managers back?

Is criticising some tactical decisions straight after the game we have lost, 'jumping on his back?' Nobody is saying Sherwood out and nobody is even blaming him for the loss.

Edited by StefanAVFC

What a surprise.

Right because criticising Lambert after giving him time in his sizeable tenure is the clearly the same as immediately jumping on a new managers back?

Is criticising some tactical decisions straight after the game we have lost, 'jumping on his back?' Nobody is saying Sherwood out and nobody is even blaming him for the loss.

Nor did I say they did.

I was using the wording, or equivalent of, the quoted post.

Nobody is saying Sherwood out and nobody is even blaming him for the loss.

He takes the blame for that.

I blame him for today completely naive team selection and formation. We don't have the players that Tottenhanm have.

Bojan would have started today if fit and he's 5ft nothing.

Gil will learn. He's small but was doubled up on whenever the ball went to him. He needed constant help or to switch wings with Sinclair to help him out.

Our formation was OK. Our Captain wasn't!!

I'm struggling to find any positives from losing today but maybe it becomes clear to Sherwood now the drastic measures needed for us to beat the drop.

Hopefully he'll swap out a few players to give the others a shot...

Problem is the others are just as bad.

• Like 2

Bordering on stalking at this stage. Yes I blame the manager for today, bad team selection, bad tactics and bad subs.   2 shots in the game!!

Well done, you took a phrase out of my comment in its entirety. You win  :hooray:

Edited by StefanAVFC

Bordering on stalking at this stage. Yes I blame the manager for today, bad team selection, bad tactics and bad subs. 2 shots in the game!!

You analysis of our poor form under Lambert was that it was benteke's fault for missing chances. You argued and argued that we created enough and it was the players that let Lambert down. And now after one game and less than a week working with the players its all Sherwood's fault.

Well done, you took a phrase out of my comment in its entirety. You win :hooray:

Is that phrase out of context? 2 people have openly said they blame him so you're wrong.

It is a horrible question but would you back Sherwood to get us out of the Championship?

No and that's one of the reasons I was anti his appointment.

I don't think he's the right man, but if he does get them going and keep us up, then great. He might be able to build on that in the summer. If he doesn't though and we are relegated then I'd be really worried about him being in charge next season. I hope his contract has a relegation clause in it.

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Bordering on stalking at this stage. Yes I blame the manager for today, bad team selection, bad tactics and bad subs. 2 shots in the game!!

You analysis of our poor form under Lambert was that it was benteke's fault for missing chances. You argued and argued that we created enough and it was the players that let Lambert down. And now after one game and less than a week working with the players its all Sherwood's fault.

No I said Benteke takes a big portion of the blame as well as Lambert. I didn't put all the blame on Benteke.  We created a hell of a lot more than 2 shots in the majority of games recently under Lambert but if Lambert had a game where we had 2 shots then I would be criticising him.  Benteke was crap again today but he had no chances to miss as we created feck all and sat way too deep for most of the game.  

Â