• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
OutByEaster?

The Tim Sherwood Thread

17,985 posts in this topic

Posted

Just now, DCJonah said:

My original post was mainly about Sherwood. I then responded to others. Not in anyway similar. 

22 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's not different at all. 

It's hilarious hypocrisy from some. 

2 people like this

Posted

8 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Not really no. Unless you want to celebrate getting to the cup final. The final itself was shambolic but seems people have forgotten this. Terrible final with one of the worst managers I have ever witnessed in the dugout. 

Well, the spell up to the final (well, up to the Soton game) was probably our best spell of top flight football in years. Yes, it was short lived and slim pickings but I'm not going to rewrite history and say it was all shit under him, because it wasn't. You are right though, the final still makes me angry! 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think a lot of the problem is that some said it couldn't get worse than Lambert, all their eggs went into Sherwood's basket because he wasn't Lambert and after a honeymoon period it did get worse. It's hard to climb down from that 'it can't get worse' high horse. 

Posted

21 hours ago, DK82 said:

I think a lot of the problem is that some said it couldn't get worse than Lambert, all their eggs went into Sherwood's basket because he wasn't Lambert and after a honeymoon period it did get worse. It's hard to climb down from that 'it can't get worse' high horse. 

Personally, the last few months under Lambert were the worst I have ever seen. 

I don't even class the Garde time as everyone had given up then!

1 person likes this

Posted

After the initial honeymoon bounce, it was some of the worst football I have ever seen. It's like when you see a kid constantly falling over and running back to mummy and daddy, but they keep on trying that same walk across the same slippery patch and keep falling and keep crying. That was the tactics under Tim. I actually think a blind man with a boner could have beaten Tim's tactics.

1 person likes this