The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Tim has been good in the transfer market overall, and he has some good players now. It just seems he doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of them.

Jokes aside, if we ever manage to get Traore, Grealish, Gil, Sinclair and Ayew on the pitch at the same time we could be truly frightening for defenders this season.

He talks some absolute shite, he really does.

But I stick by my long standing opinion that what managers say to the press means very little.

He made the right changes tonight and they won us the game. Just hope he realises the long ball to Gestede just doesn't work. If he plays we need to cross the ball.

I'll pass. We beat our rivals, i'd rather not argue with posters like yourself tonight. 

Give a shit.

We played poorly - especially first half.  I'm not suddenly wanking off over Sherwood because we beat a Championship side 1-0 in a scrappy and, quite frankly, shit game.

This is what i don't get and find embarrassing. The same group of posters that told us week after week to stick with Lambert for over 2 years after pathetic performances, and kept saying 'Why do people focus so much on Lamberts interviews so much, who cares' are the ones who are prepared to give Sherwood no time and slate him for his interviews?? If that was Lamberts team that lost to Leicester, the excuse would have been 'Do you not realise this is a Leicester team that are on a great winning run, I'll stick with him'.

Bizarre. 

Yes, Sherwood has made mistakes. We are 6 games into the season, yes 6. We have just beaten the scum, had some great positives with Ayew and Veretout in the second half and Gestede scored. I'm prepared to give Sherwood as much time as we gave Lambert as I think we will have a great team by Christmas. 

But I stick by my long standing opinion that what managers say to the press means very little.

He made the right changes tonight and they won us the game. Just hope he realises the long ball to Gestede just doesn't work. If he plays we need to cross the ball.

post match interviews are the biggest load of crap in football.

• Like 1

post match interviews are the biggest load of crap in football.

Agree with all the above. He talks nonsense but it's entertaining and has literally no impact on anything provided he's not actively slagging people off and upsetting the apple cart (that's a phrase isn't it?), which he doesn't do.

And while I'm on it, can anyone explain how in the Lerner thread the owner is slated for a very minimal net spend, yet in other threads the same people slate Sherwood for having spent a lot and got so little ?

The **** gives a **** about net spend?

Get over it.

And while I'm on it, can anyone explain how in the Lerner thread the owner is slated for a very minimal net spend, yet in other threads the same people slate Sherwood for having spent a lot and got so little ?

Get over it.

Try reading my post !!

I haven't said I care about it.

I've said OTHER people say we've hardly spent ( net spend) when complaining about Lerner, yet say Sherwood HAS spent a lot ( gross spend) when they want to complain about Sherwood.

Jeeeez.

• Like 1

Hopefully Tim learnt the following tonight

Sinclair can't play in this 3 man line whereby he seems to have to play LM and CF at the same time

Sinclair and Gabby can't play in the same team 

Clark isn't a defensive midfielder

Vertout doesn't seem to play well in a 3 man defensive midfielder role but in a 2 man CM role he looks a lot more composed

Lescott can't run faster than the average small baby can crawl

Gestede seems more effective when you put crosses into him from a  wide position than he does when your CB's hoof it 45 yards up field to him

I'm sure he learnt a lot more but for now I'll settle on him building his formations aroundd the above

• Like 1

Get over it.

Get over it.

Try reading my post !!

I haven't said I care about it.

I've said OTHER people say we've hardly spent ( net spend) when complaining about Lerner, yet say Sherwood HAS spent a lot ( gross spend) when they want to complain about Sherwood.

Jeeeez.

Totally agree Terrytini. Funny how net spend mattered so much when Lambert was in charge, but anything to suit their own argument.

I'll pass. We beat our rivals, i'd rather not argue with posters like yourself tonight. 

Give a shit.

We played poorly - especially first half.  I'm not suddenly wanking off over Sherwood because we beat a Championship side 1-0 in a scrappy and, quite frankly, shit game.

This is what i don't get and find embarrassing. The same group of posters that told us week after week to stick with Lambert for over 2 years after pathetic performances, and kept saying 'Why do people focus so much on Lamberts interviews so much, who cares' are the ones who are prepared to give Sherwood no time and slate him for his interviews?? If that was Lamberts team that lost to Leicester, the excuse would have been 'Do you not realise this is a Leicester team that are on a great winning run, I'll stick with him'.

Bizarre. 

Yes, Sherwood has made mistakes. We are 6 games into the season, yes 6. We have just beaten the scum, had some great positives with Ayew and Veretout in the second half and Gestede scored. I'm prepared to give Sherwood as much time as we gave Lambert as I think we will have a great team by Christmas. 

I'm not anti-Sherwood, the manager should be afforded time to let his team settle and try to play the way he wants.

At the same time, I'm not going to say he's doing brilliantly because we beat Blues 1-0 in a terrible game of football.

But sure, "embarrassing".

Edited by bobzy

Meh. 

I have to admit I came into the thread to give him a little bit of credit for seeing the performance was going badly and then changing it, but seemingly he doesn't want anyone to think that's what happened at all. Instead it was a cunning ruse to be shit for 45 minutes. 

If he's so determined to avoid any credit I suppose I won't give it to him. 

• Like 2

Sinclair can't play in this 3 man line whereby he seems to have to play LM and CF at the same time

Vertout doesn't seem to play well in a 3 man defensive midfielder role but in a 2 man CM role he looks a lot more composed

Gestede seems more effective when you put crosses into him from a  wide position than he does when your CB's hoof it 45 yards up field to him

I'm sure he learnt a lot more but for now I'll settle on him building his formations aroundd the above

Well I'm sure he'll be delighted you'll settle for that.

Hopeully hes got your number so he makes sure he gets it right for the next games too.

Talks a good game but when it comes down to it. He is just a hoof ball merchant with little to no ability to build a side to play football and create chances

I wonder if he believes the shit he spouts.

Did you not watch the second half ?

Give a shit.

Bizarre. 

I'm not anti-Sherwood, the manager should be afforded time to let his team settle and try to play the way he wants.

At the same time, I'm not going to say he's doing brilliantly because we beat Blues 1-0 in a terrible game of football.

Yet had we lost ? Would you have remained so sanguine ?

You do know lots of lower teams, say, Bradford, Orient, Millwall, etc, knock bigger sides out the Cup often.

You do know Blues can go 4th this weekend ? 

As for calling it a terrible game ....you must have watched a different second half to me, that's certain.

And how do you, or anyone else, know whether Sherwood planned two different approaches or not ?

Im sure he'll be releived to hear that.

They say what suits them.

all the work in the margin looks ok .....when the sum is correct.

I thought he played to the old adage " you win the right to play football" problem for us is not the same players do it.

If we had of attempted to play pretty football from the off.... we may have had a different result.

Give a shit.

Bizarre. 

Yet had we lost ? Would you have remained so sanguine ?

You do know lots of lower teams, say, Bradford, Orient, Millwall, etc, knock bigger sides out the Cup often.

You do know Blues can go 4th this weekend ? 

As for calling it a terrible game ....you must have watched a different second half to me, that's certain.

And how do you, or anyone else, know whether Sherwood planned two different approaches or not ?

Yes, yes I would've.  Sherwood has been getting pelters after the West Brom game - I've said calls for him to be sacked are pathetic.

There's nothing two faced here, we weren't good tonight.  Blues were better first half, we were better second half.  The game itself was terrible.

What made the second half so good for you?  I remember Gestede's header and Ayew having a shot saved.  Anything else?  Not really.  Poor all round, but a much needed win.

Â