The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think it is quite comical to formulate opinions on Tims stature based on hanging on to one liners and quips that he may choose to use, in the after match press interview.

Most Football Managers have an agenda when they face the media....lets not take TOO much notice of what the say, most of it is for effect, or countering earlier issues.

It would be wise to  base our opinions on what we see on match day..... but we must appreciate that with all the talent we have.....and we all want to see it and wax lyrical when they apply it.....The ugly stuff must be appreciated as necessary evil to gain points.

• Like 2

First half shite

Second half really good,  Ayew and Grealish combining with Amavi and Veretout really excite me with Gana and Traore to come back

Tim Sherwood post match interview he was a cock

• Like 2

I like Tim Sherwood and happy he is Manager of our club.

Do I think he will be a long terms success, I  thinks so, but cannot be sure any more than his detractors can be sure he will be a failure.

There will be events in this season, when each camp will have the moment to support their stance.

This season will be up & down and I don't see a level of consistency coming yet.

My advice to all is.....Don't kick him when he needs all the support he can get......and don't start ordering planes with bunting to applaud him, when we have a good win.

• Like 2

To be honest it was nice to see Villa be the other way round so to speak. I have lost count the number of times we have started off well in games only to capitulate in the last half an hour. I would rather we were dull and kept it tight first half and then ran the show in the second, better way of doing things especially with the pace and creativity we have will Gil, Grealish and Traore

• Like 3

We won the game and that's what counts. But we really need to improve drastically in the league if Sherwood is to gain the confidence of the fans, looking at the coming fixtures it's going to be tough, If we don't win certain must-win games then we could find ourselves cut adrift in the relegation zone.

• Like 2

To be honest it was nice to see Villa be the other way round so to speak. I have lost count the number of times we have started off well in games only to capitulate in the last half an hour. I would rather we were dull and kept it tight first half and then ran the show in the second, better way of doing things especially with the pace and creativity we have will Gil, Grealish and Traore

ditto

Doesn't he even get a little credit for giving Ayew a whole half? A player some fans had already written off. 

No not really

Only reason Ayew got game time was because Gabby got injured

He should be starting games considering how piss poor gabby is yet gets continuously picked

It's the only gripe i really have with Sherwood that he continues to pick Gabby and Westwood regardless of form 

• Like 3

Tim Sherwood set out to take the sting out of what is a vibrant Birmingham city team who are flying in the championship....They are on the front foot and despite our partisan  approach to the game you have to give them a bit of credit.

We have seen far worse teams than Blues turn us over at Villa Park.

Its folly to accuse him of setting out to play like that and to say he set the team up to get booed is quite ridiculous......He got it right last night and we are still debating him.

We have been playing well in spells this season despite the results being pants and now we have the result and some are bitching about the first half......( I have never been interested in first halves) we could get relegated on good first halves and poor second halves of every game.

It is starting to sound like heads you are crap Tim...Oh Tails you are crap Tim

Some Fans didn't like Ron Saunders.....They are never going to change if they don't like Tim.

It's not a case of disliking the manager - he just does himself no favours.

The changes worked, and he deserves credit for that, but this wasn't a good game.  The first half was woeful, to come out after the game and essentially say "yeah, that was the plan" is ludicrous.  If his interview was more complementary towards Blues and saying he had to change things up because of the way things were going, people would be saying he did well and we wouldn't have such fuss.  He didn't do this.

• Like 2

It's not a case of disliking the manager - he just does himself no favours.

The changes worked, and he deserves credit for that, but this wasn't a good game.  The first half was woeful, to come out after the game and essentially say "yeah, that was the plan" is ludicrous.  

i dont think ive ever seen a team setup intentionally to play two complete oppisate play style and that it was always the plan to switch at HT.  Usually teams play more defensive at certain times of the game and then later become more creative/expressive (is expressive the right word to use there?) but the style of play generally stays similar, not be complete oppisate. It seems pretty idiotic from a theory POV for that to the plan.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

As long as bull like that gets gobbled up he will continue to spout it.

I think we should play well for 90 mins and we'll get better results than 2-2 home to Sunderland and 2-3 at Leicester.

Liverpool been a decent hunting ground for us in the last few years, hopefully we can play on their lack of form.

• Like 1

I don't really give a damn what Sherwood says in interviews after games when we win. However if I bother listening when we lose I would like hear if he understands what went wrong. That said if we start winning more and he makes the team click he can spout as much BS as he likes whenever he likes!

Frankly there is too much emphasis on the personalities and what is said off the pitch. It almost impossible nowadays to find articles or programmes that discuss the actual football - I would be much happier if the morons and so called journos on TalkSport, Radio Five, the Sun, DM, Mirror etc all ***** off and got proper jobs

I am ultimately only interested in the football and getting the right results.

• Like 2

I'm utterly sick of the tone of posts on here.

If I were in a pub and Blues fans were attacking our guy like this I reckon its end in tears....

Im off, I'll miss the more reasonable debaters, and I'll use the site for information, but that's me .

What on earth has the guy done for some to despise him so much ?

• Like 4

I'm utterly sick of the tone of posts on here.

If I were in a pub and Blues fans were attacking our guy like this I reckon its end in tears....

Im off, I'll miss the more reasonable debaters, and I'll use the site for information, but that's me .

What on earth has the guy done for some to despise him so much ?

He's an absolute bell end to be fair.

I'm happy for him to be our manager and think he did a very good job last year and, whilst it's too early to tell, I think he'll do a good job this year too.

But I think he's a dick. That's probably why some people dislike him more than is rational. Jose Mourinho is a dick as well by the way, I'm not saying it effects his performance.

• Like 2

Â