The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Tim Sherwood set out to take the sting out of what is a vibrant Birmingham city team who are flying in the championship....They are on the front foot and despite our partisan  approach to the game you have to give them a bit of credit.

We have seen far worse teams than Blues turn us over at Villa Park.

Its folly to accuse him of setting out to play like that and to say he set the team up to get booed is quite ridiculous......He got it right last night and we are still debating him.

We have been playing well in spells this season despite the results being pants and now we have the result and some are bitching about the first half......( I have never been interested in first halves) we could get relegated on good first halves and poor second halves of every game.

It is starting to sound like heads you are crap Tim...Oh Tails you are crap Tim

Some Fans didn't like Ron Saunders.....They are never going to change if they don't like Tim.

It's not a case of disliking the manager - he just does himself no favours.

The changes worked, and he deserves credit for that, but this wasn't a good game.  The first half was woeful, to come out after the game and essentially say "yeah, that was the plan" is ludicrous.  If his interview was more complementary towards Blues and saying he had to change things up because of the way things were going, people would be saying he did well and we wouldn't have such fuss.  He didn't do this.

Why is it folly to accuse him of setting out to play like that when he himself said in that silly interview that that was what he did?

And as you say, better teams than them have turned us over at Villa Park, so he was taking one helluva chance. The starting lineup looked poor, particularly with Clark in midfield, so no surprise we were so bad. We were lucky not to be behind at HT. We won, and of course that is brilliant, especially that second half performance, and hopefully that might be a springboard for our upcoming games. To me, he is guilty of over-thinking things, instead of just keeping it simple. He was a lucky boy last night, and it may not always be so.

I said myself at half time that it was utter **** shit. I just don't get the eagerness to mock him and want him gone, when we've just won a really important game. 

• Like 1

Overall i think i like him.It was utter shite what he come out with last night, but the players hes brought in, the potential we have considering who we have lost, and the amount of exciting players we have is quite exciting, as long as they have time to develop/gel.

Gil/Grealish/Traore look as good as any footballer i have seen down VP in the last 20 years.Veretout and Ayew are at least looking as if they are worth the money we paid for them, and Avami and Richards look good signings as well.

Its going to be a roller coaster with Sherwood, but since BFR it has become a bit depressing down VP tbh.

This. We have been starved of a big personality for too long.

You are obsessed with Lambert.

If you say so. 

He was the last manager and it was the fact his biggest fans are the ones jumping on Sherwood so early that I find amazing. Nothng really to do with Paul Lambert. 

You're the only one making those connections (a connection that I don't even think is true as of the people who liked the post in question, I'd say only Richard stands out as a big Lambert supporter). 
Lambert's gone. People are forming their own opinions independent of who has come in the past.

Let it go. You'll feel better.

He deserves the praise for the changes yesterday like he deserved the criticism for the bad changes in previous games.

Its a new team and it has shown in glimpses, great potential. We need to be more consistent and it is a results business but I'm still far more optimistic now then I was, say, in January.

Tim Sherwood set out to take the sting out of what is a vibrant Birmingham city team who are flying in the championship....They are on the front foot and despite our partisan  approach to the game you have to give them a bit of credit.

We have seen far worse teams than Blues turn us over at Villa Park.

Its folly to accuse him of setting out to play like that and to say he set the team up to get booed is quite ridiculous......He got it right last night and we are still debating him.

We have been playing well in spells this season despite the results being pants and now we have the result and some are bitching about the first half......( I have never been interested in first halves) we could get relegated on good first halves and poor second halves of every game.

It is starting to sound like heads you are crap Tim...Oh Tails you are crap Tim

Some Fans didn't like Ron Saunders.....They are never going to change if they don't like Tim.

It's not a case of disliking the manager - he just does himself no favours.

The changes worked, and he deserves credit for that, but this wasn't a good game.  The first half was woeful, to come out after the game and essentially say "yeah, that was the plan" is ludicrous.  If his interview was more complementary towards Blues and saying he had to change things up because of the way things were going, people would be saying he did well and we wouldn't have such fuss.  He didn't do this.

Why is it folly to accuse him of setting out to play like that when he himself said in that silly interview that that was what he did?

And as you say, better teams than them have turned us over at Villa Park, so he was taking one helluva chance. The starting lineup looked poor, particularly with Clark in midfield, so no surprise we were so bad. We were lucky not to be behind at HT. We won, and of course that is brilliant, especially that second half performance, and hopefully that might be a springboard for our upcoming games. To me, he is guilty of over-thinking things, instead of just keeping it simple. He was a lucky boy last night, and it may not always be so.

I said myself at half time that it was utter **** shit. I just don't get the eagerness to mock him and want him gone, when we've just won a really important game. 

Very few want him gone, and I am certainly not one of them, but I did find that interview to be very silly. And I am not mocking him, I was embarrassed for him.

He's an absolute bell end to be fair.....I think he's a dick. That's probably why some people dislike him more than is rational

Must admit I like the guy.  OK he is a bit cocky and arrogant sometimes, but a manager has to be confident in themselves and what they are doing. He only speaks highly of the Villa fans and the club as far as I can tell and he seems passionate and committed to trying to drag the club out mire.  So why is he an absolute bell end?    Genuinely interested to know why some fans dislike him so much, what exactly has he done?

There's something of the try-too-hard, no-nonsense Ronseal man about Sherwood.  If he leaves our fences all nice and rich and protected that's wonderful.  But if we open the tin and find all we've got is just brown acrylic paint people are going to be pissed.  And sometimes people are wary that what it says on the tin isn't quite what's inside.  No matter how raffishly charming the rhetoric.  It can sometimes come across as a little passive aggressive, which is often the sad-eyed, angry Essex man way of bullshitting.  It's my stomping ground, I've seen it many a time.  But I've also seen the winning, motivating, invigorating side of the likes of Tim.  Here's hoping Tim knows what he's doing when those harsh January rains roll in.

Plus we've not had a fence we could be proud of for some time.  And we can hear the neighbours tutting next door.

• Like 1

He's an absolute bell end to be fair.....I think he's a dick. That's probably why some people dislike him more than is rational

Must admit I like the guy.  OK he is a bit cocky and arrogant sometimes, but a manager has to be confident in themselves and what they are doing. He only speaks highly of the Villa fans and the club as far as I can tell and he seems passionate and committed to trying to drag the club out mire.  So why is he an absolute bell end?    Genuinely interested to know why some fans dislike him so much, what exactly has he done?

There's something of the try-too-hard, no-nonsense Ronseal man about Sherwood.  If he leaves our fences all nice and rich and protected that's wonderful.  But if we open the tin and find all we've got is just brown acrylic paint people are going to be pissed.  And sometimes people are wary that what it says on the tin isn't quite what's inside.  No matter how raffishly charming the rhetoric.  It can sometimes come across as a little passive aggressive, which is often the sad-eyed, angry Essex man way of bullshitting.  It's my stomping ground, I've seen it many a time.  But I've also seen the winning, motivating, invigorating side of the likes of Tim.  Here's hoping Tim knows what he's doing when those harsh January rains roll in.

Plus we've not had a fence we could be proud of for some time.  And we can hear the neighbours tutting next door.

The Ronseal man is flattered by your lavish extended metaphor. I salute you.

• Like 1

A post that starts with sack this moron has got a load of likes, the day after we've progressed in the cup after beating our local rivals. From some who didn't want Lambert to go. Amazing. 

I think people are really jumping on the chance to take the piss, Sherwood didn't say the plan was to play badly and get booed off, he said the plan was to play direct in order to push their defence back and set up space for us in the second half with a different approach. I'm not sure I buy it, but its certainly not worth the stick some can't wait to dish out after we've beaten Birmingham city in a cup competition. 

This amount of stick for a guy who has had 7 games with HIS squad is absolutely ridiculous. It's the sort of stuff I'd expect from Newcastle fans, after 5 years of utter shit I really don't know why fans won't get behind such massive changes, that most wanted and were over the **** moon with. 

Change yes, this clown no.  IMO he got lucky last season keeping us up, with the new manger effect and his motivational player talks.  These only lasts for so long, and yes, i would take Lambert everyday of the week over this second hand car dealer of a manager.  He may be pulling the wool over your eyes with what comes out of his trap but he isnt mine.  Tactics, substitutions, making a fool of himself when he talks, the list goes on...

• Like 1

You are obsessed with Lambert.

If you say so. 

He was the last manager and it was the fact his biggest fans are the ones jumping on Sherwood so early that I find amazing. Nothng really to do with Paul Lambert. 

You're the only one making those connections (a connection that I don't even think is true as of the people who liked the post in question, I'd say only Richard stands out as a big Lambert supporter). 
Lambert's gone. People are forming their own opinions independent of who has come in the past.

Let it go. You'll feel better.

I feel good, the manager I like led us to beating our rivals in a cup.  That advice might be best saved for those mocking the manager after such an excellent result. 

A post that starts with sack this moron has got a load of likes, the day after we've progressed in the cup after beating our local rivals. From some who didn't want Lambert to go. Amazing. 

I think people are really jumping on the chance to take the piss, Sherwood didn't say the plan was to play badly and get booed off, he said the plan was to play direct in order to push their defence back and set up space for us in the second half with a different approach. I'm not sure I buy it, but its certainly not worth the stick some can't wait to dish out after we've beaten Birmingham city in a cup competition. 

This amount of stick for a guy who has had 7 games with HIS squad is absolutely ridiculous. It's the sort of stuff I'd expect from Newcastle fans, after 5 years of utter shit I really don't know why fans won't get behind such massive changes, that most wanted and were over the **** moon with. 

Change yes, this clown no.  IMO he got lucky last season keeping us up, with the new manger effect and his motivational player talks.  These only lasts for so long, and yes, i would take Lambert everyday of the week over this second hand car dealer of a manager.  He may be pulling the wool over your eyes with what comes out of his trap but he isnt mine.  Tactics, substitutions, making a fool of himself when he talks, the list goes on...

Brilliant. 

Where did that article even come from?

Not sure that was an article. But I was referring to his interview after the match with Sky.

I might be being thick but that doesn't really answer my question. Why would the person that posted it not be sure if it was an article or not?

Where did that article even come from?

Not sure that was an article. But I was referring to his interview after the match with Sky.

I might be being thick but that doesn't really answer my question. Why would the person that posted it not be sure if it was an article or not?

It is probably me, but my quoting is all over the show. The article, if that is what it was, was posted by HeyAnty. I was responding to you. How weird.

I just watched the extended highlights of the first half (about 15 mins) and actually, watching it calm, not nervous and knowing we win, it didn't seem as bad as i remember. We played great football to create the cross that gabby nearly got on the end of, we played some nice stuff to get gabby wide, who delivered a poor cross and we played some nice stuff when the ball fell to Gestede who wasn't ready.  At the game I really felt we'd done nothing good, but I think that was more to do with how anxious and worked up I was. 

Not for a second going to argue the first half was good but it really didn't seem as bad. 

• Like 1

Â