The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Like Richards.

Amavi - Lescott - Okore - Richards

That would be a top defence

(I'm not keen on Richards at centre back)

Seriously...Richards isn't going to play rightback. Why people continually post it I don't know.
Because that is my opinion.

He's a centre half. Not a rightback.

Gentlemen, gentlemen!

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a moment.....

JHWwqj1.gif

Thanks. Carry on!

• Like 4

Poor Tim, really poor.

Signing some really good players using a scouting network that's put in place by the club doesn't mean you can continue to make errors.

Gabby and Gestede? People have bad games. As well as these two having a bad game, they were both shattered, why are they being left on. Bring on your £10m striker. Have Kozak on the bench ahead of Richardson. Bring Sinclair in up front. Do SOMETHING when we're so toothless.

Bacuna is oblivious to everything. Fukcing everything. He can play RB in games where we're going to be on the front foot.

We're not far away, but are blunt at the top end of the pitch.

Edited by Tomaszk

We are talking about gaining more creativity to score goals , but in fact we are still miles away from being able to defend well.....We are wide open.

I'm not necessarily talking about being out muscled at the back post by Dann or losing the ball in vulnerable positions like Amavi did.

We as a bunch lose the ball all the time, we either give it away cheaply through poor passing or poor running off the ball or just get mugged on the ball through a mixture of lack of skill/physicality/determination.

for me we have a bunch of problems not just one.....much work to do IMO.

ps I would be saying that if we won today on the showing.

I agree with this. Our ball retention is terrible. What's all that about?
Concentration at crucial times is lacking.

We are talking about gaining more creativity to score goals , but in fact we are still miles away from being able to defend well.....We are wide open.

I'm not necessarily talking about being out muscled at the back post by Dann or losing the ball in vulnerable positions like Amavi did.

We as a bunch lose the ball all the time, we either give it away cheaply through poor passing or poor running off the ball or just get mugged on the ball through a mixture of lack of skill/physicality/determination.

for me we have a bunch of problems not just one.....much work to do IMO.

ps I would be saying that if we won today on the showing.

I agree with this. Our ball retention is terrible. What's all that about?

Concentration at crucial times is lacking......our game management is dubious too.

Edited by TRO

I've said this a few times now - at some point, if we want to start controlling games and having a real attacking threat - we need to stop playing 3 central midfielders, and start playing 2 central midfielders with a no.10. That means that only 2 of Westwood, Sanchez, Gana and Veretout can play (unless Veretout is pushed on and played as a no.10 when he gets up to speed).

Yesterday we played with Westwood, Sanchez and Gana - all had a decent game, but in all honesty, none of these are going to do anything going forward, at best maybe Gana might chip in with the odd goal - but they are basically 2 holding midfielders and a box to box midfielder. We can play this way against the better teams perhaps, but not against Palace.

We need to play either Gil or Grealish as the no.10, and then in wide positions play Sinclair/Adama/Gil/Grealish/Gabby/Ayew, with one of Gestede/Ayew/Gabby up front.

If we try to play every game as we have in the first 3 games, I think its going to be a long season, and we might struggle to score goals, again.

Edited by GeordieVillan

Sherwood says we deserved a point. What **** game was he watching?

Probably the one where we missed two really easy chances in the first half.

Or the one where we committed suicide three minutes from time at 1-1?

Poor Tim, really poor.

Signing some really good players using a scouting network that's put in place by the club doesn't mean you can continue to make errors.

Gabby and Gestede? People have bad games. As well as these two having a bad game, they were both shattered, why are they being left on. Bring on your £10m striker. Have Kozak on the bench ahead of Richardson. Bring Sinclair in up front. Do SOMETHING when we're so toothless.

Bacuna is oblivious to everything. Fukcing everything. He can play RB in games where we're going to be on the front foot.

We're not far away, but are blunt at the top end of the pitch.

The problem is that being blunt at the top end of the pitch by definition will make us very far away in this league. If we aren't going to score many goals then we're going to struggle big time this season. We don't have Benteke to bail us out this time. The existing signings do not really have the luxury of a bedding in period they need to deliver pretty damn soon.

Many have turned their noses up at the likes of Adebayor and Charlie Austin but frankly we need to sign one of those two. We lack quality and experience up front.

Like Richards.

Seriously...Richards isn't going to play rightback. Why people continually post it I don't know.

Southgate was a midfielder.

Or the one Pardew said Villa were terrific and they won by the skin of their teeth.

We deserved something out of the game. 

Laughable that people would turn their nose up at Charlie Austin when we are a club that plays Gabriel Agbonlahor up front week in, week out.

I'd take Austin all day long

I didn't realise he was so big - 6ft 2. He's just what we need, 

• Like 1

Or the one Pardew said Villa were terrific and they won by the skin of their teeth.

Sorry but the way Palace dominated the second half almost from start to finish makes me have to disagree. Yes we shaded the first half but imo we deserved **** all

Like Richards.

Southgate was a midfielder.
An extremely defensive midfielder at that. Bought at the time to play centre half...like Richards.

Richards has been bought, told, does & will play centre half. He is no longer a rightback, that is his role for villa.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Sorry but the way Palace dominated the second half almost from start to finish makes me have to disagree. Yes we shaded the first half but imo we deserved **** all

I'd rather agree with the opposing manager (and ours) who was at the game and who looked relieved at the end of the game and gave us a lot of credit - but what the hell do professional managers know - bugger all it seems - of course some  'fans' know better. Over BOTH halves a draw would have been a fair result, but let's focus on the negative - what fun would it be to give the team a bit of credit and  time to gel. Not even in the real lower end of the table (12th on GD) and were destined to struggle.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm or deny that were doing stupid floaty-type corners again? I always thought it was Benteke who wanted the crosses like that ("if your best header'r wants that type of cross you do it", or something similar). Noticed liverpool didnt do them type of crosses for benteke and it appears were still doing?

Why cant we do fast with whip on them? So easy for keepers to collect atm.

• Like 1

Â