The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I know theres actual football going on in about 4 days and 2 hours time but the next 23/24 days are going to be extremely interesting for us and Sherwood is going to experience the cut-throat world of the closing transfer window for the first time.

He's done well so far in replacing Cleverley and Delph with Gueye and Veretout and hopefully solving the great left back crisis with a signing everyone seems chuffed about. I think he's done well getting rid of Given's wages. I'll even give him a bit of credit for getting money in for Lowton, Weimann and Sylla too. Getting Luna and Helenius off the books quick and early gets him some more plus points from me.
We'll wait and see whether Gestede and Ayew prove shrewd investments or not - but in my mind he's done pretty well to get a couple of fairly highly rated players for half the Benteke money. I'll wait and see whether Richards proves an adequate replacement for Vlaar as I've not seen pre-season.

I'm pretty unmoved by Bunn and Crespo but then second choice keepers and (presumably) right backs rarely get my adrenaline pumping.

However, he absolutely HAS to sell or loan some players if we're not to be left with a bunch of unregistered players, lets see how he gets on there as it hasn't proved that simple in the recent past. For me he's got to upgrade now too. It's alright getting replacements for whoever has left, but we've not been good enough for too long now. Not about numbers now it's about quality. Maybe I am being far too sniffy about Berbatov and Adebayour, especially given where we are right now and that the squad could use some experienced heads. But if they come in it will be a big question mark over Sherwood until/unless they perform as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't have faith in Guzan then he needs to get a goalie he's going to have trust in. I think, like all of us, we could do with a decent CB or 2. I also think we're really short of quality in midfield. A right sided winger is an extravagance I daren't even dream of at this stage.

That's alot to do in 3 short weeks, pressure is on, options thinning, budget dwindling, competition from rivals intensifying, games going on, coaching to be done, unavoidable media commitments to attend etc etc. I know it's what he's paid for, but its going to be a huge 3 weeks in his life/career.

Edited by VILLAMARV

I know theres actual football going on in about 4 days and 2 hours time but the next 23/24 days are going to be extremely interesting for us and Sherwood is going to experience the cut-throat world of the closing transfer window for the first time.

He's done well so far in replacing Cleverley and Delph with Gueye and Veretout and hopefully solving the great left back crisis with a signing everyone seems chuffed about. I think he's done well getting rid of Given's wages. I'll even give him a bit of credit for getting money in for Lowton, Weimann and Sylla too. Getting Luna and Helenius off the books quick and early gets him some more plus points from me.

We'll wait and see whether Gestede and Ayew prove shrewd investments or not - but in my mind he's done pretty well to get a couple of fairly highly rated players for half the Benteke money. I'll wait and see whether Richards proves an adequate replacement for Vlaar as I've not seen pre-season.

I'm pretty unmoved by Bunn and Crespo but then second choice keepers and (presumably) right backs rarely get my adrenaline pumping.

However, he absolutely HAS to sell or loan some players if we're not to be left with a bunch of unregistered players, lets see how he gets on there as it hasn't proved that simple in the recent past. For me he's got to upgrade now too. It's alright getting replacements for whoever has left, but we've not been good enough for too long now. Not about numbers now it's about quality. Maybe I am being far too sniffy about Berbatov and Adebayour, especially given where we are right now and that the squad could use some experienced heads. But if they come in it will be a big question mark over Sherwood until/unless they perform as far as I'm concerned. If he doesn't have faith in Guzan then he needs to get a goalie he's going to have trust in. I think, like all of us, we could do with a decent CB or 2. I also think we're really short of quality in midfield. A right sided winger is an extravagance I daren't even dream of at this stage.

That's alot to do in 3 short weeks, pressure is on, options thinning, budget dwindling, competition from rivals intensifying, games going on, coaching to be done, unavoidable media commitments to attend etc etc. I know it's what he's paid for, but its going to be a huge 3 weeks in his life/career.

Well the aquad so far has 32 players in it, Amavi, Kinsella,Robinson and Grealish are under 21 so that trims it to 28 players to register.  Cissokho and Senderos will be gone so that brings it to 26 players, I also believe Gardner will go out loan for the season so that gives us a 25 man squad for the season.

Here's a list of the 30 players here as of now that would need to be registered in the final 25 in order to be eligible for league games:

4 x GK          (Bunn, Guzan, Seigrist, Steer)

2 x RB          (Hutton, Crespo)

6 x CB          (Okore, Clark, Richards, Senderos, Baker, Donacien)

3 x LB          (Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett)

5 x CM         (Westwood, Gueye, Veretout, Sanchez, Gardner)

1 x Bacuna  (Bacuna)

5 x AMRLC  (Cole, Nzogbia, Tonev, Gil, Sinclair)

4x FW          (Agbonlahor, Ayew, Kozak, Gestede)

The U21's: Amavi, Grealish, Robinson, Sellars, Kinsella, Webb, Calder, Mason, H-Murphy.

He may have to sell a left back yes. Four is probably too many.

As for Siegrist, Tonev, Gardner, Donacien, I'm not too panicked if they end up not registered in the final squad.

As for the rest, yes it's a one in, one out scenario.

Here's a list of the 30 players here as of now that would need to be registered in the final 25 in order to be eligible for league games:

1 x Bacuna  (Bacuna)

The U21's: Amavi, Grealish, Robinson, Sellars, Kinsella, Webb, Calder, Mason, H-Murphy.

Siegrist will not be registered, Senderos and Cissokho are surplus to requirements and will be moved on, Gardner I believe is going to be loaned back to Forest so there is 4 gone. I doubt Bennett will be here either so the squad is fine

yeah, I agree on those points. picking the 5 to go whether its on loan or permanantly to get us back to 25 is pretty simple. Steer, Seigrist, Donacien & Tonev basically pick themselves. Gardner + Baker out on loan would make alot of sense to me too. Thing is for Adebayour, Berbatov, a new GK, new CB and a new right winger (If over 21 obviously) are yet to join we're looking for 10 names off that list to depart.

Does Donacien not count as home grown for some odd Home Office related reason then? I thought he signed for Luton at something like 9 years old? 

21. same age as Amavi, but different birth years.

I don't understand this bloody rule. I'd be amazed if the managers do too. 

Its basically about them being 21 (or not in Amavi's case) on the 1st Jan in the year in which the competition begins.

Donacien would be eligible as home grown though to actually answer your actual question actually :)

Edited by VILLAMARV

Its basically about them being 21 (or not in Amavi's case) on the 1st Jan in the year in which the competition begins.

Donacien would be eligible as home grown though to actually answer your actual question actually :)

I believe it's actually been answered, meow.

yeah, I agree on those points. picking the 5 to go whether its on loan or permanantly to get us back to 25 is pretty simple. Steer, Seigrist, Donacien & Tonev basically pick themselves. Gardner + Baker out on loan would make alot of sense to me too. Thing is for Adebayour, Berbatov, a new GK, new CB and a new right winger (If over 21 obviously) are yet to join we're looking for 10 names off that list to depart.

If we get a new GK then Guzan would be out, a new winger may be Traore who is under 21, I think it will be Adebayor or Berbatov not both and yeah a centre back is badly needed

1 x Bacuna  (Bacuna)

1x Bacuna. Lols.

the new Makelele

• Like 1

1 x Bacuna  (Bacuna)

1x Bacuna. Lols.

the new Makelele

In an alternate universe where Makelele was a footballer without the requisite skills to play in one defined position, then yes. 

Â