The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He needs to breed a deliberate streak through the squad and if he can bring players in to help him do it.

We have too many apologists playing for us.

I can see him becoming totally fustrated with Lerner's transfer policy, and it all going a tad pear shaped , but I do hope I'm wrong .

Well he must have known why we were anchored to the bottom of the Premier League for the last few seasons, so will either have agreed a budget policy or decided he can work within the same restraints.

It's always a worry that new managers take the job and agree to work within constraints.....the remuneration rewards are such that the attraction of such overrides the desire to follow the holy grail of building properly.

I hope Tims motives are honourable.

I can see him becoming totally fustrated with Lerner's transfer policy, and it all going a tad pear shaped , but I do hope I'm wrong .

Well he must have known why we were anchored to the bottom of the Premier League for the last few seasons, so will either have agreed a budget policy or decided he can work within the same restraints.

...and gotten a 3 year contract with probably very descent terms

...and gotten a 3 year contract with probably very descent terms

Is that a Freudian slip?

haha, nope just yet another example that English is not my first language. Supposed to be decent...

I see in the daily mirror that ellis short the sunderland chairman has said Dick Advocaat is getting a 50million warchest. Tim I hope you get the same but you wont and I dont expect you to stick around.

Ladies and Gentlemen if Randy Lerner scrapes the copper pot this window this club is finished in the top flight, another relegation candidate is gunna spend big, Leicester will spend and Baggies are more than likely to be sold = Massive trouble for Villa

I wouldnt be suprised if before the season Tim walks away when he knows hes been short changed regarding players incoming. MON did it years ago when he wanted to spunk a fortune on another player and sit him on the bench.

Tim you deserve to be backed

Edited by villan501

Ladies and Gentlemen if Randy Lerner scrapes the copper pot this window this club is finished in the top flight

I'm pretty sure ffp has been explained to you on multiple treads over the last few months and you still keep banging that drum...

Ladies and Gentlemen if Randy Lerner scrapes the copper pot this window this club is finished in the top flight

I'm pretty sure ffp has been explained to you on multiple treads over the last few months and you still keep banging that drum...

He didn't say that FFP should be disregarded, just that we shouldn't be scrapping the barrel. Our spending over the last couple of seasons fulls comfortably within FFP.

Edited by av1

Our spending over the last couple of seasons fulls comfortably within FFP.

Apart from the £100m+ losses in the 3 years were only allowed to lose £105m you mean?

• Like 1

He has a massive job on his hands

I think he may have already worked that out. Personally I think he will be backed, paying silly wages has been our problem over the last few years and that now seems to be under control.

Unfortunately, the Sherwood honeymoon period feels like its well and truly over following our last three performances and now our decent players, Benteke, Cleverley and Vlaar are more than likely gone before next season.

TS has a massive job on his hands with yet another squad rebuild and rebuilding faith in the club.

If the club do not manage to acquire better/similar players than those leaving, improving the squad as a whole and we start the season badly, I expect things to turn extremely ugly.

Right now (and this could change come Sept 1st) I cannot see past us being relegation material.

• Like 2

Our spending over the last couple of seasons fulls comfortably within FFP.

Apart from the £100m+ losses in the 3 years were only allowed to lose £105m you mean?

You seem so keen to absolve Lerner for anything that will happen in the summer. If what you say us true, then I'm surprised you're not as angry and frustrated with him as the rest of us. To perform as badly as we have for the last few years and continue to make a loss, meaning that even when finances are sorted we still can't compete financially with very average premiership teams is just horrific ownership of the club and has the potential to really damage us long term.

Â