The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm terrified of making a post and it being pulled up a year later because once somebody has stated something on this forum, that is their opinion forever and it can't be changed.

Or something like that.

(sherwood has done an amazing job)

ehh who cares.. this forum is about opinions. We all have our own and sometimes we get it wrong and we look like muppets. Who hasn't. Alot of the time it is said in the heat of the match thread or right after a bad loss where your not thinking straight. Its all apart of the fun. Just post whatever you want ;)

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

I couldn't care less if I'm wrong from time to time - it happens and it's not exactly important. Furthermore, you form opinions based on the evidence or your feelings at the time and if that changes, then that opinion isn't really relevant any more.

• Like 3

A big thank you to Tim, Tom all the staff & Players.

We were a side going down under Lambert well before the Hull game.

Under Marshall we were going out of the FA Cup too.

I'd like to think that A big sigh of relief was already apparent after the WH victory and that everybody thought Soton were already on the beach (like their last few games) and Tim tried to find an easy, less sapping way of seeing out a "lets rest" game, only to find out that Soton were on fire.

I hope he takes a "no risk" approach to the Burnley game and that we have a "fit & raring to go" team for The FA Cup final.

The players were already showing signs of running on empty against Everton & WH, so maybe a rest AND a wake up call will do us good.

Maybe the "High-line" was a test for the Arsenal-style on a big wembley pitch?

Let the ball do the work?

Anyway, Even another Bad/indifferent day against Burnley wont bother me too much because we are SAFE in the league. The FA Cup is a different ball game so all I want from Tim & the players is give it everything you've got for 90/120mins (+penalties)

Lets all hope that Arse take a bruising and battering from Sunderland and that Pulis also plays hard and bruises a few Arse's.

• Like 3

click

At the very least Villa will look the part on the day after Sherwood took it upon himself to organise their blue Paul Smith suits and he has even thought of an accessory to help with the tears of joy or pain at the final whistle. “We’ve got a hankie,” Sherwood says. “It’s claret. All sorted. I took care of that.”

I think next season we will be a dangerous team to play in the sense that we will be like a cup team. ON our day we can destroy you  but not on our day we will be trashed like at Southampton.  

It will be fun to watch though

• Like 1

I think next season we will be a dangerous team to play in the sense that we will be like a cup team. ON our day we can destroy you  but not on our day we will be trashed like at Southampton.  

Yep. I imagine it will likely see us easily safe too as we'll win quite a few games.

click

At the very least Villa will look the part on the day after Sherwood took it upon himself to organise their blue Paul Smith suits and he has even thought of an accessory to help with the tears of joy or pain at the final whistle. “We’ve got a hankie,” Sherwood says. “It’s claret. All sorted. I took care of that.”

I just love his interviews, there's always something interesting in them.

I think next season we will be a dangerous team to play in the sense that we will be like a cup team. ON our day we can destroy you but not on our day we will be trashed like at Southampton.

Yep. I imagine it will likely see us easily safe too as we'll win quite a few games.

I'm really looking forward to mid table, and winning a fair few games. What a nice change that will make.

I never thought I'd say, this but I'm starting to have reservations about Sherwood. Needs to turn things around in the second half today.

It's far too early to judge anything yet, either doom or gloom, all he's done so far is reinvigorate players who are too good to have been playing so poorly....I dare say any manager with energy could have done a better job than Lambo.

Next season we'll see what he knows, Tekkers might go (hopefully we get Spurs like money for him, we always sell too cheaply) so it could be tough up front and we'll find out what sort of plan he has.

I'm reserving judgment but one thing I do know is if you have quality players and you motivate them to play you will win games, tactical knowledge or not.

As Zatman said, at least we'll be fun to watch.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

I never thought I'd say, this but I'm starting to have reservations about Sherwood. Needs to turn things around in the second half today.

them dead rubber games are really going to make or break his regime

• Like 2

He's still only been here for a VERY short space of time, he needs the oportunity to build his own team and he has done a very good job in steadying the ship and keeping us up despite us looking dead and buried, albeit we've had a couple of dodgy games recently.

We'll be fine under Sherwood.

• Like 1

Â