The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Does make sense that the team performs better when a new manager comes in, as they would have got the boot for under-performing so unless the owner has wrongly inflated expectations of the squads potential the new manager simply needs to get them to perform to their ability. In theory.

Over-simplified I know but the general point makes sense, at least to me.

I don't think it is. Sunderland were doomed under Poyet. They are absolutely dreadful.

A bit like us under Lambert, they're squad is not as bad as their performances make it look.

I think we'll do enough regardless, but always better to have teams down there worse than you.

You are likely correct. I'm just worried we might fall apart again. Just typical worry about us from me.

Does make sense that the team performs better when a new manager comes in, as they would have got the boot for under-performing so unless the owner has wrongly inflated expectations of the squads potential the new manager simply needs to get them to perform to their ability. In theory.

There is a whole host of real reasons why a new manager will change the attitude of players, for the better or worse.

If a team is performing badly, it can often be that they don't want to play for that manager...or have come to a crossroads in which they may feel no matter how they perform it would not change anything with the current manager.  Take the manager out and put a new one in, then suddenly all bets are off and there is a different desire to put more/less effort in.  What you need when you're at the bottom for simple survival is a team of players with something to prove, and this is often the case with a new person in charge.

It's Tims job to recognise the players who have stepped up their game and keep them interested as to try and keep them performing well...keep the new manager impact going as it were.  What we don't want is a Sunderland situation, avoid relegation and then players slumping back to square one...from all the noises being made I don't believe that will be the case with Tim, at least I hope :)

• Like 1

Bad news. We are still right in this mess. We have some really tough fixtures coming up which could knock all this confidence away.

Not sure about that, I think we will beat Swansea and if we do I think we only need another 4 points after

Yes, I think the technical term is 'regression to the mean'. 

• Like 1

This new manager bounce is real according to a stat I heard on the radio (So possibly bollocks). It said that the 10 games leading up to a managers dismissal the team averages a point per game, when the new manager comes in it goes up to 1.3 points in the next 10 games.....

But that is new managers generally.

In relation to relegation threatened clubs, late in season,it fails more often than succeeds.

Really hope Sherwood finds time to mention how the Reading fans pitch invasion is being treated totally differently to ours.

So angry at this.

There isn't even an article on SSN saying this even though there was for us

This new manager bounce is real according to a stat I heard on the radio (So possibly bollocks). It said that the 10 games leading up to a managers dismissal the team averages a point per game, when the new manager comes in it goes up to 1.3 points in the next 10 games.....

In relation to relegation threatened clubs, late in season,it fails more often than succeeds.

I'm not saying I agree with it, its just what I heard. I think some people would have you believe that the rise in points is far more dramatic than the .3 the stat suggests as well.

I'm not saying I agree with it, its just what I heard. I think some people would have you believe that the rise in points is far more dramatic than the .3 the stat suggests as well.

Doesn't take in to account fixtures, either. How many teams battling relegation sack their manager right before they play teams like Man City or Chelsea? Usually it seems like it's a decision made in the run up to important winnable fixtures. 

Reading supporters celebrate on the pitch after the game

I think that's probably pretty relevant to the story, though if it's true they had flares then they are words removed for not making any mention of it in a derogatory fashion.

Either way, we can't really have much to complain about considering those bellend Villa fans invaded the pitch with minutes still left on the clock, so what do you expect?

• Like 1

Reading supporters celebrate on the pitch after the game

I think that's probably pretty relevant to the story, though if it's true they had flares then they are words removed for not making any mention of it in a derogatory fashion.

Either way, we can't really have much to complain about considering those bellend Villa fans invaded the pitch with minutes still left on the clock, so what do you expect?

But very little of the HUGE coverage made any distinction between the one a minute before the end and the one after, including the BBC commentators (not Lineker) who continued after.

There is no question that two very similar events have already been treated totally differently and I would love to hear Sherwood reference that, as no- one else will.

• Like 2

The BBC were critising Villa fans for the pitch invasion after the game as well, that's when one of the Commentary team described the scenes as something like a throw back to the eighties. Only Gary Lineker seemed to be fair in his view on what was going on.

• Like 3

We **** our pitch invasion up buy coming on when Sinclair scored, then coming on again in injury time, then coming on again after the whistle.

If the fans had only invaded the pitch after the final whistle no one would have made anything of it.

Edited by LondonLax

Â