The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Just listening to his Comments post match with MOTD.

When asked if he thought Villa we were to negative before he arrived, he said something along the lines of

'Didn't really pay much attention to Villa before I arrived really, I just think looking at the squad that we are not the sort of team that can sit back, we have a lot of pace in the team so our strength's are in attack'

I liked that, simply playing to your strength's seems lost on some manager's. 

There's one outstanding thing about Tim Sherwood that I absolutely love - he recognises, and keeps stating, that Aston Villa are a massive football club. I don't give a toss about what the modern day, Premier League era, fan may say, Aston Villa are a giant of English football and our new manager accepts and believes in that.

I hope that he can transfer that belief to our playing staff and then, possibly, we'll start to see a turnaround on the pitch, if we're not doing so already!

Comments like this can often be seen as hyperbole but I believe it to be true. The second city should have a huge football club and it does, the fan base and infrastructure are there. 

The club has lacked belief for a long time. Even under Oniell and the backing of Lerner it was seen as a ride, something that we wouldnt keep up and we were pretenders and ultimately we were. 

Mentality has a big influence, Sherwood believes we are big club, he believes he is a top manager and that together we belong at the top. Money does talk though and that mentality is not enough to get us winning championships again not that anyone expects us too. 

It will push us forward, we have set out in games to win, be fitter, play with more desire and this will take us up the league. Will be interesting when we play some of the big boys again and how Sherwood approaches. I dont think he is niave and will just attack, he will demand that we compete, will be good see his tactics.

I think now in Sherwood and Tom Fox we have some people at the club who demand the best. 

• Like 2

Keep it up please Tim!

We're safe now, imo. Not mathematically obviously. But these couple of wins have got us points on the board, but more importantly the confidence levels must be rising at an incredible rate. That alone will give us enough to pick up a few more points now.

Er, we're really not safe yet. Swansea, Man Utd, Spurs, FA Cup game, Man City. That ain't no easy run.
Did you actually read my post?
I did. Which part of mine are you struggling with?

We're not safe. We could quite feasibly get 0 points in our next 4 league games.

Did you read the bit where I specifically said we weren't mathematically safe, obviously, but that I thought the confidence we had would give us enough to scrape the necessary points together?

Because that kind of makes your post a moot point. We could lose our next 4 games but my post would still be relevant.

You specifically stated "we're safe now"! How could this be interpreted any differently? It's obvious we're not mathematically safe - you didn't even need to clarify that.

You presumably feel that "we're safe now" due to the likelihood of picking up more points whilst playing confidently. I don't think we are safe. Nothing to do with mathematics, everything to do with having a tough run that could easily see us garner 0 points. I don't understand why you felt the need to sarcastically come back with "did you actually read my post?". Yes, I did - and I disagree with you.

Edit: Even moreso after that Burnley result.

I think you're trolling me now :crylaugh:

Keep it up please Tim!

We're safe now, imo. Not mathematically obviously. But these couple of wins have got us points on the board, but more importantly the confidence levels must be rising at an incredible rate. That alone will give us enough to pick up a few more points now.

Er, we're really not safe yet. Swansea, Man Utd, Spurs, FA Cup game, Man City. That ain't no easy run.

We're not safe. We could quite feasibly get 0 points in our next 4 league games.

Did you read the bit where I specifically said we weren't mathematically safe, obviously, but that I thought the confidence we had would give us enough to scrape the necessary points together?

Because that kind of makes your post a moot point. We could lose our next 4 games but my post would still be relevant.

You specifically stated "we're safe now"! How could this be interpreted any differently? It's obvious we're not mathematically safe - you didn't even need to clarify that.

You presumably feel that "we're safe now" due to the likelihood of picking up more points whilst playing confidently. I don't think we are safe. Nothing to do with mathematics, everything to do with having a tough run that could easily see us garner 0 points. I don't understand why you felt the need to sarcastically come back with "did you actually read my post?". Yes, I did - and I disagree with you.

I was sure you were the troll...?

Sherwood has reminded me that football is an incredibly simple game.

What he has done :

#Give the players belief. They now believe they are good enough to take players on, to win their individual battles and to not give up if it doesn't work first time around.

# Take a risk. Lambert was risk averse, lots of hard work but so cautious. Sherwood has encouraged the players to take risks, because without risks there is no creativity. When we attack we throw players forward. Loads of them, reminds me of Man United of old, in the way the midfielders rush into the box wen the ball is wide.

# Keep it simple. Round pegs in round holes. Players played in their best positions and not shoehorning them into positions because of the 'system'.

# Trust the players. I've always felt that all top level players are capable of playing good football, and we have some good players. Instinctively players are aggressive, want to take risks and score goals. Some managers force them to be pragmatic and 'stick to the plan'. The goals that we saw today was not some sort of Sherwood masterplan, where every move was manicured by Sherwood in his AVFC office. It was simply good players expressing themselves, doing the things they naturally want to do.

#Get the fans on board. Personally after years of dour and pragmatic managers I love Sherwood's arrogance and quirkiness. He's a winner.

I'm under no illusion, we will get caught out under Sherwood, and I guarantee he will be labeled naive at something point, but we will always try to win games. I for one welcome the change in philosophy. There's something about the bloke, his arrogance is infectious and I believe in him now.

Yes he has taken risks - but then again he had no choice - we were that bad we simply had to go for it.

Key for me was the first 45 of the Albion league game - Albion backed off, handed the initiative - Eventually we got the goal - But I think that first 45 gave us the belief to attack teams. I liked Lambert but quite why he ever thought sideways passing at pedestrian pace was going to create goal beggars belief - Today when a Villa midfielder brought the ball forward - he generally a player either side in a wide position - and at least one other option directly in front of him - as you say simple stuff... 

• Like 1

Keep it up please Tim!

I was sure you were the troll...?

Why?

Keep it up please Tim!

What hell are you talking about. Of course we're safe!

lets face it, villa were useless under marshall against Leicester until tim went in the dressing room at halftime.

tim turned the team around that day not marshall.

marshall had to phone lambert for ideas what to do. and it showed first half.

Interesting selection of players again. So far it appears Sherwood is a fan of Bacuna and Nzog as both have come in from the cold.  I wonder about Westwood and if he will slip down the pecking order- or he is part of some genuine rotation?

I think Tom Cleverley's rapid transformation shows the impact of Sherwood so far. He is now passing the ball and moving on the front foot. Something which Lambert must have coached out of him.

There will be more difficult games ahead and better teams may show us up, but the last 10 days have been fantastic. Keep it up Tim.

• Like 2

Â