The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He adds: ‘The players have a duty, a responsibility, to fix this mess. I don’t want to hear crap about how difficult it is to play at home.

‘Playing for a big club comes with pressure. Anyone can do it for a lesser team — but you have to have b******s to play for Aston Villa. This is a big club.

‘The fans think they support a big club. They come here, they don’t want to be in the relegation zone. They’ve got the hump. It’s up to the players to spark them into life.

*applauds*

Sounds much better than hearing our expectations are unrealistic.

but you have to have b******s to play for Aston Villa. This is a big club.

what a great line that is

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2982852/Tim-Sherwood-play-small-club-need-b-play-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Is it a good idea for him to have interview's in the managers office with the team tactics on the board behind him?

I hope it's a red herring :D

Why is he using a PC from the 1990's as well sure i used one of those when i was back at School

More importantly, is that a banana in his filing tray?

Nah - He's just pleased to see you.  ;)

• Like 1

WBA fans love him

- Timothy 'Captain B**end' Sherwood - With his new comments today he really does think he is a managerial genius after winning one game, the theatrics, the camera faces, etc i really hope we beat them to shut this p***k up. I dont think it would hurt Villa to spend a season or two in the championship, however i am not desperate for them to go down, enjoying seeing them struggle but would miss not playing them (As do Wolves) as these games have a lot more to them than say Hull or Swansea. However with Sherwood in charge, my hopes of them going down have increased.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=15901.0;all

WBA fans love him

- Timothy 'Captain B**end' Sherwood - With his new comments today he really does think he is a managerial genius after winning one game, the theatrics, the camera faces, etc i really hope we beat them to shut this p***k up. I dont think it would hurt Villa to spend a season or two in the championship, however i am not desperate for them to go down, enjoying seeing them struggle but would miss not playing them (As do Wolves) as these games have a lot more to them than say Hull or Swansea. However with Sherwood in charge, my hopes of them going down have increased.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=15901.0;all

Enjoy seeing them struggle, worry about your own struggling club!

They really hate Tim and were singing about him on Tuesday, makes me like him more.

• Like 1

Like what he's saying, but without trying to sound boring, we really have to start doing it on the pitch. 

Start improving the football and winning games Tim, then I will be very happy to say I was completely wrong about you becoming the manager of Aston Villa.

This is exactly what this club needs - somebody who is making the club alive again. For too long have players, staff and fans been anaesthetised to our plight. Confidence, self-belief and a little bit of arrogance is what the club needs to survive this season and hopefully propel us forwards.

He has my full backing.

• Like 2

I have to say, Tim's comments are really building up the anticipation for the Baggies match tomorrow.

The atmosphere is going to be electric, and a lot of that will be down to Sherwood's comments. Fans of both sides are going to be really worked up for this and a lot of that is down to our new manager. I think this can only be a good thing.

I wouldn't say Shewrood is full of bs- in fact at present I find him refreshingly honest in a early John Gregory way.The sports journalists must be pleased to have him to quote than Lambert. It might start to flag in the future but I think at the moment it is what we need.

• Like 1

Good fun but I just wish I could be sure he is doing it deliberately and with self awareness.....in which case it is a strategy so fine, whether it works or not......or whether he doesn't really realise how cocky (without, to be fair, that much of a record yet) he comes across in which case it could backfire disastrously, not least with some of our own fans !

Fwiw I think he knows just what he is doing and saying ( a la Boris Johnsons carefully cultivated likeable rogue character) and I think, and hope, it will work for us, in various ways...

Certainly entertaining !

Good fun but I just wish I could be sure he is doing it deliberately and with self awareness.....in which case it is a strategy so fine, whether it works or not......or whether he doesn't really realise how cocky (without, to be fair, that much of a record yet) he comes across in which case it could backfire disastrously, not least with some of our own fans !

Fwiw I think he knows just what he is doing and saying ( a la Boris Johnsons carefully cultivated likeable rogue character) and I think, and hope, it will work for us, in various ways...

Certainly entertaining !

I don't think it's a "character" of his of that is what you mean. I think he is genuine, I don't think he is capable of being any other way.

• Like 1

I think you notice people like Sherwood because their is so rare few of them out there. Was same when Keane was manager they always went to him for a soundbite. In Premier League today except Mourinho and maybe crazy Nigel Pearson the rest of the managers are all afraid to give their honest opinions to the media

Â