The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I like the urgency we had second half, wherever it came from (though it's obviously from Sherwood's team talk). We've got the players, it's a case of them believing they can attack teams. I know it seems silly and Leicester are dogshite but watching him in the stands he just looked 'right' somehow, like he is really up for it. Good luck to him

People are so anxious for Sherwood to do well that they're praising him for stuff  that he hasn't had a significant hand in. If we build him up too much based on today, then he's being set up for a fall. This is the house that Lambert built, I'm sure Sherwood will a good job of looking after it.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

If that second half is anything to go by, after his 10 minute half time team talk, then already he has identified what has been a major issue and we are heading in the right direction. First half we played much like we have for the last 18 months under Lambert in that we were scared to commit too many men forward in search of a goal for fear of conceding one. Second half was a major contrast we got the ball forward quickly to Benteke, fed off him, got it wide and then got men into the box. In the second half on numerous occasions we had Delph, Cleverly, Bacuna, Benteke and Weimann all in the box when the ball came in and it has been a long time since that has happened.

Sherwood has inherited a decent squad and to get the best out of them simply requires them to play to their strengths and be more positive. Benteke is more than capable of holding the ball up so get it up to him quickly, be it by one touch quick forward interchanges through midfield or by playing it long, and get players around him to feed off him. Under Lambert we sometimes did half the job in that we got the ball up to him but didn't get the wide forwards and centre mids in and around to feed off him.

The wide forwards, be it Gabby, Weimann, NZogbia, Bacuna, Sinclair have for way too long been spending more time in their own half helping out the fullback than they have getting forward. The two or three centre mids have for way too long all played just in front of the centre backs with in yards of each other too afraid to get forward beyond the attacker for fear of leaving us exposed defensively. That all has to stop and I am confident under Sherwood it will and for me that alone will ensure we get the goals and secure the points to see us safe.

I for one am very confident about our short term future. I have always believed we have the players to comfortably finish mid table and I think we may now have a manager with the positive attitude to get the best out of them. Beyond that I don't know and until the summer don't really care.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

The first half was more of the same, it was watching Lamberts team absolutely no doubt about that. Second half clearly changed, we were up for it and we were great, scored 2, had the ball in the net a couple more times and deservedly won. I'm certainly not getting carried away, this will be a battle in the next few months but its a good start so lets all take the positives.

People are so anxious for Sherwood to do well that they're praising him for stuff  that he hasn't had a significant hand in. If we build him up too much based on today, then he's being set up for a fall. This is the house that Lambert built, I'm sure Sherwood will a good job of looking after it.

By the sounds of it he just pointed out the painfully obvious and it worked.

• Like 3

I'm going to be honest, I actually enjoyed the start of the season and watching Roy Keane lose the plot when weren't doing the right things, yes sometimes he went over the top but I much prefer that than being slumped over in the dugout for the whole game. Sherwood will bring that and then some and If I don't see at least one jacket or gillet get flung across the dugout this season i'll be well miffed.

Its got cracks everywhere, after Lambert it needs rebuilding already. lets hope Sherwood is a good builder.

• Like 2

I'm going to be honest, I actually enjoyed the start of the season and watching Roy Keane lose the plot when weren't doing the right things, yes sometimes he went over the top but I much prefer that than being slumped over in the dugout for the whole game. Sherwood will bring that and then some and If I don't see at least one jacket or gillet get flung across the dugout this season i'll be well miffed.

I'll never forget when it kicked off against Leicester as Clark left the pitch, sent off of course, and Lambert just sat there, huddled over taking notes. That was the moment he lost me completely, I nearly put my foot through the telly.

• Like 2

I had to write to a VTer to learn what a "gillet" is -- it's not used in America -- but what is the significance of this action of throwing the jacket or gillet?

I had to write to a VTer to learn what a "gillet" is -- it's not used in America -- but what is the significance of this action of throwing the jacket or gillet?

sherwrnj5d.gif

Its got cracks everywhere, after Lambert it needs rebuilding already. lets hope Sherwood is a good builder.

It needs a bit of sprucing up, let's hope Sherwood's given the backing (hopefully from a new owner) to make his mark on the decor.

I don't know what he said at half time but for too long the first thought of our midfielders and supposed wide forwards has been a defensive one. For me the likes of Delph, Weimann, Gabby, Bacuna, NZogbia, Cleverley have not been playing their natural games. Second half it was as though the forward six players, aside from Westwood, were let off the leash and told to make their first thought a forward thinking one and it made a massive difference.

Edited by markavfc40

sherwrnj5d.gif

Hahah. I get it. thank you!!!!

It needs a bit of sprucing up, let's hope Sherwood's given the backing (hopefully from a new owner) to make his mark on the decor.

This metaphor needs to die, right now.

• Like 1

I don't know what he said at half time but for too long the first thought of our midfielders and supposed wide forwards has been a defensive one. For me the likes of Delph, Weimann, Gabby, Bacuna, NZogbia, Cleverley have not been playing their natural games. Second half it was as though the forward six players, aside from Westwood, were let off the leash and told to make their first thought a forward thinking one and it made a massive difference.

"Thats all gone a bit Pete Tong, Owes abaht we Booby Moore a bladdy sausage roll so we can all gah ter Wembley?"

• Like 2

I was at the game and saw the difference in the second half. The crosses went to 4-5 players in the box. First half you was lucky to see one. The reason the ball went back and sideways with Lambert is blatently cause no one goes forward and there is never anyone to pass to. If Sherwood can change this, as it looked in the second half, play will be much much better.

• Like 2

Â