The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He hasn't actually signed a player before has he? Wonder what the policy will be in that regard.

Did he sign christian Erikson or was in charge when they signed him?

Edit - no he didn't. Thought they signed eriksen in the January window when Sherwood was in charge

You have sort of got the story - Sherwood claims (and as far as I know, it's never been denied) that he recommended Spurs sign Eriksen several years before they actually did. Not that it took a genius - even I knew Eriksen would be a superstar based on watching him playing a couple of times, and I know nothing - but better to do it than not. 

I reckon Sherwoods first team will look like this..

-----------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton--------Okore--------Baker---------Ally

Cole----------Gil------------Delph--------Jack

-------------Weimann-----Benteke------------

he'll sit down and talk with Vlaar and ask him if he wants to be hereof leave.

strange looking side but hell definitely do something no-one expects.

Clark deserves to be in there. He always puts in 100%.

I dont think its the right call but hes here and so he now has my backing. First job is obviously survival.

Second job is getting a proper structure in place and actually trying to move away from relegation scraps, of course we have to survive this one first.

Does Sherwood have his Pro License yet?

Did we just appoint a man not qualified (in the most basic sense) for the job?

From this article written by Sherwood in October:

I am on the same Uefa Pro License course as Swansea manager Garry Monk and we have discussed Tom [Carroll].

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tim-sherwood-people-knock-young-english-footballers-but-the-under21s-showed-theres-talent-here-they-just-need-to-be-given-a-chance-9802904.html

Thats a good article and reinforces the good feeling I have about Sherwood. Gives hope that in the future if given any money he will go out and purchase some bright young things with technical ability. 

• Like 1

Absolutely thrilled by this appointment

Welcome Tim

Captained a team to an unexpected PLT in 95 so knows what it takes to win against the odds

Also don't underestimate his working knowledge of how the current youth structure in the English game is stacked - who's decent... Who's available and when... Especially within the top tier (Chelsea have a 70 strong youth setup)

Also it's easier to motivate and coach younger players. Think how motivated this guy is compared to some of the old hacks - I'm afraid looking at the likes of big Sams tired pained expressions would hardly inspire me...

But in reality completely understand the difference of opinions on here after how things have unfortunately panned out.

If he keeps us up it will be no mean feat and who knows maybe with the new sky deal and TF's focus on selling the brand we may yet see a revival in RL's enthusiasm and a more balanced allocation of funds - something similar to the Stoke model ?

Listen - the guys here, for how long who knows...

We'll all be here long after that's for sure but I'm going to really get behind him

UTV

Very good post mate. You should post more often.

Agree with both posts.

• Like 1

Top three Tottenham managers in the Premier League

Joined Left Games Wins Defeats Win %

Tim Sherwood

16/12/2013

26/05/2014

Andre Villas-Boas

03/07/2012

16/12/2013

Mauricio Pochettino

27/05/2014

Present

From the BBC: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31470606

A criticism I have been hearing is that he loses far too many. Doesn't seem out of sync with the other 2 managers of Spurs recently 

Think he could go for first team vs Stoke

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Cissokho

Sanchez Delph

Grealish      Gil            N'Zogbia/Sinclair

Benteke

• Like 1

Top three Tottenham managers in the Premier League

Joined Left Games Wins Defeats Win %

Tim Sherwood

16/12/2013

26/05/2014

Andre Villas-Boas

03/07/2012

16/12/2013

Mauricio Pochettino

27/05/2014

Present

From the BBC: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31470606

A criticism I have been hearing is that he loses far too many. Doesn't seem out of sync with the other 2 managers of Spurs recently 

Also doesn't tie in with people complaining that spurs brought in Pochettino as a stick to beat us with. We brought in a guy with a better win record than him, with a worse spurs side, arguably

Again I agree with pretty much all he says.
Spot on commdnts about players...its exactly whats needed at VP to deflate a few egos!
To be fair, a lot of our players need a kick up the arse and maybe Sherwood's approach will bring the best out of them. My only concern is that he alienates a few and they completely down tools. We haven't got the amount of quality in our squad that Spurs have, to replace any of the bad eggs.

If he can motivate them into playing better then we have a good chance of staying up and being more secure going forward.

Edited by villarocker

I reckon Sherwoods first team will look like this..

-----------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton--------Okore--------Baker---------Ally

Cole----------Gil------------Delph--------Jack

-------------Weimann-----Benteke------------

he'll sit down and talk with Vlaar and ask him if he wants to be hereof leave.

strange looking side but hell definitely do something no-one expects.

Baker?? Sherwoo out!

• Like 1

Does Sherwood have his Pro License yet?

Did we just appoint a man not qualified (in the most basic sense) for the job?

I believe he Is in the final stages of getting his A license.

Not that having these qualifications mean anything at all.

i guess not.

regardless of qualifications, i don't like him, i don't trust him, and i don't want him at this club.

bah. i've got drinking & self-pitying to do.

You don't like anything though? Apart from self loathing?  ;)

Who's he bringing with him? Surely the club are going to allow him an Assistant at least

Andy Gray's son tweeted that his dad is currently with Hoddle in Doha (where he works for beIN) and that "enquires have been made". It would tally with the Sun article I suppose.

Looking on the comments underneath the tweet I think he meant that he himself (Jamie Gray) has enquiries and not Villa.

He hasn't put out a team for Villa yet. He hasn't selected tactics for Villa yet. He hasn't trained the Villa squad yet.

Anyone who thinks that we're guaranteed relegation because we signed Sherwood needs a bloody slap. Give him a p*ssing chance before you write him off. If he is crap, it'll come out. If he's brilliant, he'll show it.

Just get behind the guy and don't predict an unpredictable outcome. ****ing mood hoovers.

Great post mate, spot on.

There were some crazy expectations from some about the sort of manager we could attract and even more helpfully they are writing him off before he has even started.

Â