Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

We can't set ourselves up not to lose against Hull that will play right into Bruce's hands

We have to attack them like we have done previously and get the early goal like we did at VP this season when we played them and hound them like we did with Jbowz in the previous season

If we sit back and let Hull grow into the game and nick a goal i think we will struggle to equalize

I agree, the first goal is massive, we score it and we can relax a little and control the game. They score it and heads will drop and mistakes will be made. I really do think that the first 15 minutes is hugely important as we've let a lot of goals in during that time, but relax a little if we haven't conceded by that point.

They are terrible. Let them enjoy their 1 point gained at Man City and we will beat them on Tuesday. Lambert usually gets the 3 points in the absolute-must-wins games (Reading, QPR 1st season for example). I doubt this will result in a decent run but at least give us a bit of breathing space from the bottom 3.

Guzan

Okore  Vlaar  Clark

Sanchez

Westwood                   Delph

Cole

Sinclair                                                Gil

Benteke

Subs: Given ,Hutton, Cissokho, Cleverley, Wiemann, Gabby, Nzogbia

Is this a serious post?

Yes, 3-4-3 of sorts or a 3-4-2-1 if you prefer. Its very attacking but then Hull are very shit, Lambert would never do this though, personally I'd rather have Hull on the back foot for 90 mins as we need to start going for broke. The club is in freefall and lets face it Lamberts tactics have been been crap and negative for a long time now. The options on the bench mean it can be altered to a back 4 or 5 quite easily or we could make a midfield 5 if needed and we could go 3 up top if required also (far too much tactical stuff for Lambert to deal with though :lol:)

• Like 1

I'd bring Benteke back in for Cleverley and play Gil centrally either in a 3 or or off of Benteke in free role depending on how they set up. We can't afford to lose but could do with winning so I hope we don't set up not to lose.

I'd like to see

----------------- Guzan ------------------

Hutton --- Okore ---- Clark --- Cissokho

--------- Sanchez ---- Delph ---------

Gil ----------- Cole ----------- Sinclair

--------------- Weimann --------------------- 

I think it's more likely if Benteke for Weimann, Weimann for Cole, Cleverley/Gabby for Sinclair

Edit: On second thought: I really feel like this game calls for the Gil ---- Bacuna ---- Grealish treatment. Gil and Grealish will get fouled (a lot) and then Bacuna takes the free kicks... 

Edited by Fab

------------------- Guzan -----------------

Hutton --- Okore --- Clark --- Cissokho

----------------- Sanchez -----------------

Gil ---- Delph ---- Westwood --- Sinclair

---------------- Agbonlahor ---------------

• Like 2

I've seen nothing from Sinclair yet that says he should be starting. I'm also not sure that Benteke did enough in his sub outing to start. If we can find a way to replace Cleverly in the middle, I'd be delighted - other than that, same team as against Chelsea for me.

But Sinclair has only had about 30 mins of game time....surely, too soon to judge!

I'm not saying he's no good - just that he hasn't forced his way into the eleven yet. It's far too early to be judging him on ability.

No way will cleverly start. Reading between the lines of what lambert said anyway.. I'm going for..

Guzan

Hutton okore Clark cisshoko

Westwood Sanchez delph

Gil. Benteke. Agbonlahor

I'd play vlaar over Clark, even tho he's been just as good but it's the experience thing. Just feel moe comfortable with him in there. Until 60 mins when he limps off at least

No way will cleverly start. Reading between the lines of what lambert said anyway.. I'm going for..

Cleverley will start even if was pronounced dead my an MD , just get over it .. actually almost was useful against Chelski though would rather he was benched, we don't have the time for him to find form if indeed he has any.