Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Absolutely huge game. If we lost this the writing would be starting to get up on that wall. 

Certainly the biggest game of Lambert's Villa tenure so far.

I can only see a positive result in this one, as it's either that or a bad bad situation to follow.  1-2  Villa

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Delph

Gil Benteke Agbonlahor 

We should scrap this 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 that we have mainly been playing and has part of the reason we have got just 2 wins 20 games. It isn't working so try something different.

Would go 4-4-2:

GK Guzan

RB Hutton

LB Cissokho

CB Vlaar

CB Clark or Okore

RM Gil

LM Sinclair

CM Delph

CM Sanchez

CF Benteke

CF Weimann

Score prediction 0-0 or 1-1 more likely 0-0 though!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I'd like to see us change formation and have a go for the 3 points but i suspect we'll do the standard 433 and the standard way we always play. Huge game, could be a good kickstart for a decent run of fixtures or it could be more of the same and poison the atmosphere further.

We need to see if we can form a partnership on the left as well. Hutton and Gil seam to have clicked well but the left side is still not very potent. I would be tempted to go with Sinclair on the left, Gil on the right and keep Delph, Lawton and Cleverly in the center. Benteke has to start. Come on Villa boys. UTV VTID

Edited by David-Copenhagen

I've seen nothing from Sinclair yet that says he should be starting. I'm also not sure that Benteke did enough in his sub outing to start. If we can find a way to replace Cleverly in the middle, I'd be delighted - other than that, same team as against Chelsea for me.

• Like 1

Keeping it tight at the back is key for me - this is why I really hope Vlaar plays. If we can fustrate them for 20-30 minutes - I would really fancy us to go on and win - but in recent times we have struggled defensivley (much unoticed due to headline grabbing goal drought).....