Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Same here, it's a really big match for us, and for Hull so they will be up for it. Would like to see us be quite attacking, but I know that if we don't have a solid midfield presence then they'll control the play too much. I don't know if Vlaar is fully match fit, but if he is then you'd have to say he'd take one of the central births off Okore or Clark. Either way it is a little harsh after the partnership they have built up... maybe consistency is good? I think I'd go for:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Westy   Sanchez

Gabby      Delph        Gil

Benteke

Then get Sinclair on for Gabby if he isn't getting the job done, and Weimann on for Benteke if he can't be arsed tonight.

I don't expect that will be our line up but that's what I would do.

• Like 1

I'm thinking along the lines of :

-------------Guzan

Hutton-Okore-Clarke-Sissokho

---Westwood-Sanchez-Delph

---------------Gil

-----Weiman-Gabby

Gil needs to be given a free role where he can drift where he needs to and dictate play , Both strikers need to run the channels and stretch the defence and have Delph and Westwood supporting higher up the pitch . Any loose balls i want us picking them up , so sick of seeing the ball run loose on the edge of an apponents box and we're no where bloody near it .

I want us to hit them and hit them hard , like we're 1 nil up before they know whats hit them .

Dreading it... Has sickening 1-0 defeat written all over it, We scored last week so i think we've used u our goals quota for February & March and we cannot keep a clean sheet for toffee so 0-1 loss for me. 

Hope to high Heaven i'm wrong of course but this game decides our season for me... Win and i fancy us to be ok, Lose and i think we are watching a relegation season, draw and it just defers the agony for another week.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I'd like us to sit back a bit unlike we've done in recent games and let Hull try to "control" the game and smash them on the counter. I do not think they have enough quality to break us down and if we push them up the pitch we'll open them up more for swift attacks. Seeing as we're not able to break teams down ourselves and we're too slow on the build up I think this is the way to go. It's produced goals before and should (hopefully) again.

I would bench Benteke as he wasn't impressive at all against Chelsea and maybe allow Sinclair a start even though he looks like a player that isn't used to the game. Something along the line of this:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez

Sinclair     Delph            Gil

Gabby

Come on Villa! This is a must win.

• Like 1

We simply have to win this. If we don't we will go down IMO. It's a slippery slope and we simply HAVE to start climbing it.

I think we will win it. But my God I'm nervous.

Tell it like it is, brotha...

3-1 win. Early Gabby goal, one from a set piece by Clark and a late one to secure the points by Sinclair. Same line up as the Chelsea game.

I'm at a phase where even if it was 3-0 to us with 89mins left I'd still be chewing my sofa cushions to bits.

I can see a similar team being played as Chelsea but Benteke starting. Sinclair on the bench again (starting debut on Sunday against Leicester). 

Can't see it being a bore. Smash or be smashed. Hopefully the former. 

has 0-0 written all over this though Hull will be bolloxed after exploits on saturday

I doubt two teams both looking to flush themselves away from the dreadful event horizon of PL status will end up playing a double nil match, but we'll see. We're not exactly the two highest scoring sides in football.

My optimism level that builds up during the time that Villa dosnt play is quite high due not all of it being depleted during the Chelsea game.

1-0 0-0 1-1 0-1 Is the range of results I predict. The optimistic bit comes in the fact that I have us gaining points in 3 of those 4 results.