Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

There is no way Benteke should start if you just go by his performance when he came on against Chelsea, he barely touched the ball (maybe not his fault though). But maybe that one game will have given him the kick he needed to get firing. We know he's a good player and can't afford to have him on the bench in a game that is this important.

last years game was possibly the worst football match ive ever seen, this year will be similar, 0-0 both teams awful, 1 shot on target combined

i remember watching it on a stream and it was horrific, all i remember was Elmohammedy had a nightmare and all we did was hit the ball over Kozak head

• Like 1

There is no way Benteke should start if you just go by his performance when he came on against Chelsea, he barely touched the ball (maybe not his fault though). But maybe that one game will have given him the kick he needed to get firing. We know he's a good player and can't afford to have him on the bench in a game that is this important.

Depends how he has trained really and whether he has a monk on still or not. If he's really trained hard and tried to impress then I'd start him and tell him to work his anger out on the Hull goalkeeper. 

Could be a 0-0 this I reckon, which if it's acheived in a controlled and untroubled way won't be the end of the world for us.

I fancy us to win. I'm hoping Hull are a bit deflated after conceding last kick of the game vs City and I'm hoping we can build on a decent performance vs Chelsea and scoring after so long. 2-0 Villa

Edited by Bunnski

I can't help but think that if Lambert keeps leaving Benteke out he is effectively sealing our relegation.

He may not be cutting the mustard at the moment but if our midfield starts clicking in terms of creativity, he is our best chance of goals.

We can't play the remainder of the season with Gabby up front. I'm dying to see Benteke back tonight. He will turn it on eventually and we know how devastating he can be when he does.

I'm okay with Lambert benching Benteke. Benteke has been subpar for a large part of the season. We can't use the excuse that he is not getting service because Benteke is not even trying. It would take perfectly placed passes or crosses at the moment for Benteke to get a chance and a few of those have happened, but Benteke still didn't finish them. At least Gabby is moving and creating space when he plays up top. 

Very worried about this one.

Have the feeling we will be absolutely useless and in no way look like scoring. Hull will be fired up for this one, as will their fans especially with it being an evening kick off.

True, we have won a few must wins in recent seasons but apart from a good team performance against Chelsea we create absolutely nothing.

1-0 loss.

Please prove me wrong Villa!!

3/1 is a big price imo 

• Hull have conceded 20 goals in their last 13 home league games, managing just three clean sheets.
  • Andreas Weimann has scored three goals in his last two matches against Hull.
  • Hull have now scored in their last two games against Villa, having failed to find the net in any of their previous eight in all competitions.
  • The Villans have won nine and lost none of the last 10 meetings in all competitions with the Tigers, but the one draw came in their last meeting at the KC Stadium.
  • Hull City have the worst record at home in the Barclays Premier League this season with just nine points from 11 games.
  • The Tigers have won just two of their last 13 Premier League home games (W2 D3 L8).
  • Steve Bruce's side have failed to score in five of the last seven Premier League home matches.
  • Aston Villa have scored just six goals in their last 19 Premier League away games and it is now six hours and 58 minutes since Christian Benteke netted their last away goal. 
  • None of the 63 substitutes for Aston Villa in the Premier League this season have contributed a single goal or assist; the only club yet to see a sub have a hand in a goal in 2014-15.
  • Paul Lambert has won three and drawn one of his four previous meetings with Steve Bruce in the Premier League. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/hull-v-aston-villa/winner