New manager

reykjavik

What's so wrong about what krulak said ? Lambert was backed as much as possible. Accounts back this up. He wasted a good chunk on shite. (He also brought some gems) He destroyed any sell on value on Bent. He played the worst football In the league. He lied about the value of players bought as again set out in the accounts. He failed. Gutted he did but he did. End of. People taking moral high ground. Krulak was asked or posed a question and he replied honestly which he is entitled to do as much as us on here. I really can't see the fuss

Probably, he is entitled to his own opinion of course but talking to The Sun about it? Really? Of all the papers out there.

True that. Especially with the accompanying headline not the wisest choice of papers I agree. We know from his pigs in mud comment which we all lapped up when times were good he is a Baffoon prone to saying inappropriate things.

I take back being sure it could be Sherwood as some people mentioned Manager odds are not your usual market. But don't be to surprised if it is him until end of the season.

He wouldn't take the job short term.

Why not? He is currently out of work and is offered big money for a few months? His inflated ego will make him think he can do it and if he fails he can say the club was left in a mess so not his fault.

I would like Sherwood, thinking about it he'd know he has this job to make his career or he's done really. I think he's such a **** of a person that it would be exactly what our squad needs. 

He is such a horrible person, he could be so good for us right now. 

I'd hardly call Laudrup a disaster

He was, ask any Swansea fan. Think final straw was when he was giving players the day off mid week before games so he could jet off to Paris for a mid week break with the missus. Pretty frequent occurance to i hear

• Like 1

i dont see how that be good if he has falling out with players, one thing to lamberts credit he made good players like delph and tekkers sign new deals and never made them unhappy. im sure sherwood would have opposite effect. doenst seem like a man-manager which is what we need.only thing he has is he likes young players which is what lerner wants

i think its between sherwood and lennon personally

Sherwood has turned down PL jobs in London at "lesser" clubs. He won't want to come to Villa for the same reason.

Thank ****.

I'd be seriously angry if we appointed that utter utter bellend.

He wont be here. Simple reason, he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. One of the top qualities Villa want in a manger is to keep things in house as any other club the same. Sherwood done himself alot of harm when he slatted spurs and levy when he left. Lamberts statement was perfect when he got sacked. Still showed alot of Loyalty, something Sherwood has none of. Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 2

Give Phil Parkinson the reigns(and not just because i live in bradford!!!)

Got bradford promoted, looking good for promotion again, numerous cup runs beating much better teams!!!!!

Young English and obviously good at his Tactics.

Hmmmm, where have i heard that before? 

a yes, about 2 and a half seasons ago  :o

I would like Sherwood, thinking about it he'd know he has this job to make his career or he's done really. I think he's such a **** of a person that it would be exactly what our squad needs. 

He is such a horrible person, he could be so good for us right now.

May as well get Di Canio then.

He's a **** of a person and will have something to prove in the premiership.

I'm literally praying for the press release of Sherwood ruling himself out of the job.

• Like 4

I don't mind strong personalities from managers when they've achieved something.  Keane was a maniac winner when he played and he hasn't changed.

Tim Sherwood was a mediocre player (apart from in 94..) and hasn't done anything to give himself this "ego".

He's a prize prat and I'd rather get Lambert back than that spiv.

• Like 3

What a complete mess.  We are an absolute laughing stock. Lambert at least left with dignity, but Krulak's characteristic bollox shows no class at all.  Lerner and Fox really need to pull a rabbit out the hat here and I've no confidence at all that they will. 

Not hyperbole to say that the next few days will define our future for the next 10 years

My offer to phone in tactics and team talks still stands.

Happy to work on an hourly rate.

I can't start for a couple of weeks, but I'm cheap, I can provide photographic evidence of myself in a Villa shirt 30 or so years ago.

Most importantly, I can make a dead cat bounce.

I'd take Sherwood.

I'm just so happy that Lambert is gone, it really doesn't bother me.

He's young and has a point to prove albeit he is probably a bell end.

Its a shame then that Tim doesn't share your opinions. He doesn't see he has a point to prove.

Being "young" is hardly a useful attribute for a manager either. I want someone who is going to kick that rabbles collective arse into shape and keep us in the league and then can build for the future regardless of budgetary constraints to drag us up to a position more befitting of Aston Villa Football Club.

That man will not be Sherwood.

Plus he's called "Tim" and without exception "Tim's" are rocket polishers.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

I'd take Sherwood.

I'm just so happy that Lambert is gone, it really doesn't bother me.

He's young and has a point to prove albeit he is probably a bell end.

Its a shame then that Tim doesn't share your opinions. He doesn't see he has a point to prove.

Plus he's called "Tim" and without exception "Tim's" are rocket polishers.

Being "young" is hardly a useful attribute for a manager either. I want someone who is going to kick that rabbles collective arse into shape and keep us in the league and then can build for the future regardless of budgetary constraints to drag us up to a position more befitting of Aston Villa Football Club.

That man will not be Sherwood.

Well, I'll get behind him if he gets the job.

I must just say, so many of the posters on here are really well informed about the various managers, that I am well impressed.

My knowledge is very limited by comparison, and with all the information and names being bandied about, I have no idea who would be best for us and no informed preference.

However,with the connections he must have made, and his experience at Arsenal, I just hope that Cox can get the right man, to keep us up at least and hopefully take us forward.