New manager

reykjavik

I am hearing a rumour gathering momentum that Neil Lennon is in the running for the job. I will 100% end my lifelong over 40 years) love for Villa if that happens. I will refuse to watch, listen or have any association with the club if he gets the job. I urge all passionate Villa fans to voice their concern at Lennon even being considered an option. I could take no enjoyment with us progressing under his leadership and the club will be dead to me.

Why ?

Spoke to a Wolves fan earlier and he rates Hoddle quite highly. I'd take him over Sherwood.

Hoddle was hounded out by the Wolves fans so that guy is clearly in a small minority.

Spoke to a Wolves fan earlier and he rates Hoddle quite highly. I'd take him over Sherwood.

He's different to any other Wolves fan I've heard speak of Hoddle, I've always got the impression that he alienated half the players and played them out of position and also that he was quite aloof and deluded.

I am hearing a rumour gathering momentum that Neil Lennon is in the running for the job. I will 100% end my lifelong over 40 years) love for Villa if that happens. I will refuse to watch, listen or have any association with the club if he gets the job. I urge all passionate Villa fans to voice their concern at Lennon even being considered an option. I could take no enjoyment with us progressing under his leadership and the club will be dead to me.

O Lord no! Not another O'Neill underling for goodness sake  :rant:

• Like 1

Frank Rijkaard anyone? Currently out if work...

Stuart Pearce? I know he didn't do too well at Forest, but he did well with the English youngsters and may help develop our younger players?

god no, stuart pearce is a clown of a manager. Who else puts a goalkeeper up front when chasing a goal

• Like 1

Un5F2vt.gif

Un5F2vt.gif

Can you tell me the moment in your life when this view of Lennon was cemented? 

Sorry, I just don't get this. 

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 1

I wonder how poor the new appointment could do and keep his job next season.

Lets say the new bloke ends the season on 34pts and relegates us - do we sack him - or keep him on ?

I like the positivity

In fairness even if we get a quick fix manager and manage to stay up i still feel that its inevitable that we will be relegated with the current lack of investment. Unfortunatly we are in a league where you buy sucess and if randy is insistent on clutchinig to those purse strings then i think the championship is where we belong.

I understand why some fans would ask why? I am voicing my opinion and would rather not elaborate any further, if that's ok. No need for abuse. I am sure there are plenty who would agree with my feelings and plenty who think he would be a great choice. I happen to feel passionately enough about it to voice my thoughts.

When Southampton lost Pochettino in the summer they didn't cry about it and open the yellow pages looking for an out of work british manager, they opened their eyes to build on the Pochettino 18 months and went and got a proven european pedigree manager in Koeman.

Saw an article on saints and they have this huge computer database on managers , players and how they would fit their club

Saints have already identified Koemans successor and probably that persons successor as well

Interesting insight and worth googling the article on yahoo

Sounds interesting. Had a quick Google but came up short, don't suppose you have the link?

This wasn't the one I read before but it should point you in the righ direction

The most intriguing element of the department, though, is what is known as the "black-box". It is a small room with a phone, a desk and a row of chairs that faces a giant screen. Southampton designed their own computer software that is used in this room and, with just a few clicks, Mitchell and his team could be watching any player, team or target anywhere in the world. Yet the "black-box" is not used solely for identifying players but also analysing Southampton's own squad and future opponents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11236180/Who-is-Paul-Mitchell-and-why-have-Tottenham-Hotspur-prised-Southamptons-head-of-recruitment-away.html

• Like 1

The guy who was DOF at Albion and is now with England (Dan Ashworth?) claimed that whilst he was at West Brom he had a database for every position at the club with at least fifteen alternative options should anyone ever need replacing.