New manager

reykjavik

The hate for Lennon I don't understand. Is it a sectarian thing? He was under a lot of pressure up there and probably said and did a few things he shouldn't have, I can't really remember it now.

Hard man. Would certainly motivate.

http://news.sky.com/story/855134/neil-lennons-history-of-controversies

Really dont like the way this conducts himself and reflects on his clubs. Could not stand him as a manager and detest him more as a player. Would make o'leary look like a saint. I can imagine when the villa fans turn like they tend to do lennon will explode. he wont show the same class as lambert did even when he got abused

I'm scratching my head here, what has he actually done that was so bad? To me he looks like the target of sectarianism because he dared to be a catholic playing for both Celtic and Northern Ireland.

All he ever does is kick off at everyone on the touchline, mouth off constantly and blame absolutely everyone but himself. God knows how often he must've been fined by the FA for comments about the referee. He has just always come across as a nasty piece of work and I for one don't want him near Villa.

Yeah I've always thought he's been very brain dead in some of his actions, remember the time he went to the centre circle at Ibrox and cupped his ears.

T'rific banter

We got rid of Culverhouse,Karsa and Keane because of their training ground methods,and yet people want to bring in Lennon,the mind boggles.

The difference is, Lennon is getting results
Not in the real world, though.

A question for those who keep suggesting we make a move for Klopp. Are you taking the piss or do you not understand the size of Borussia Dortmund as a club or how highly rated Klopp is in world football?

Its mad isn't it. Some of the names mentioned are unbelievable.

• Like 1

Klopp would laugh us out of the room, Klinsmann could've been pursued after the world cup perhaps if we'd sacked Lambert but given time has passed now I'm sure he's well into the project of building on the USA's good world cup as they're playing in a few Copa Americas for instance so plenty of tournaments before 2018 to keep him busy.

Couldn't see De Boer leaving Ajax mid season but that is someone I'd love us to pursue long term.

When Southampton lost Pochettino in the summer they didn't cry about it and open the yellow pages looking for an out of work british manager, they opened their eyes to build on the Pochettino 18 months and went and got a proven european pedigree manager in Koeman.

De Boer would be difficult but we forget sometimes the prestige of managing in the premier league for guys working in the Dutch, Portugeese and French leagues. A big pay increase and much more exposure in one of the widest watched leagues in the world.

There are plenty of good managers floating around there, I'd hate us once again just to limit our list to high tempo British managers, I'm sick to death of them.

I would make an exception for Sherwood as IMO he has something about him and I think he'd liven this place up again. His Spurs team won plenty of games and scored plenty of goals and we will certainly need to do those things in the run in.

We got rid of Culverhouse,Karsa and Keane because of their training ground methods,and yet people want to bring in Lennon,the mind boggles.

The difference is, Lennon is getting results
Not in the real world, though.

Bolton were bottom when Lennon took over. They are now 13th, 7 points clear of the bottom 3. I think you will find in the real world, that is called getting results. But dont let get facts get int the way of fantasy.

The hate for Lennon I don't understand. Is it a sectarian thing? He was under a lot of pressure up there and probably said and did a few things he shouldn't have, I can't really remember it now.

Hard man. Would certainly motivate.

http://news.sky.com/story/855134/neil-lennons-history-of-controversies

Really dont like the way this conducts himself and reflects on his clubs. Could not stand him as a manager and detest him more as a player. Would make o'leary look like a saint. I can imagine when the villa fans turn like they tend to do lennon will explode. he wont show the same class as lambert did even when he got abused

That appears to be mostly about the death threats he received because of his religious leanings?

Let's be real guys… the list of potentials is poor.

Nevertheless Id take Hoddle.

Another one who's myth has grown the longer he's been out of the game.

He did alright with England but last 16 was poorer than Sven's finals record and his start to euro 2000 qualifying was pretty poor so it wasn't just the disability comments.

He never really did anything at Spurs and he was a disaster at Wolves and that was all 10 years ago now so out of football too long aswell.

• Like 1

Let's be real guys… the list of potentials is poor.

Nevertheless Id take Hoddle.

Another one who's myth has grown the longer he's been out of the game.

He did alright with England but last 16 was poorer than Sven's finals record and his start to euro 2000 qualifying was pretty poor so it wasn't just the disability comments.

He never really did anything at Spurs and he was a disaster at Wolves and that was all 10 years ago now so out of football too long aswell.

He was very good at Southampton before he got his dream job at Spurs. I get the impression he's a bit nuts though.

I've narrowed it down to Curbishley if it's a short-term fix or Garde if Randy and Fox are more adventurous

A question for those who keep suggesting we make a move for Klopp. Are you taking the piss or do you not understand the size of Borussia Dortmund as a club or how highly rated Klopp is in world football?

Its mad isn't it. Some of the names mentioned are unbelievable.

Lennon for example.