Pre match thread

chappy

How can a manager, who signs some top talent on a limited budget, consistently pick the wrong players in the wrong positions in the wrong circumstances?

The guy shoots himself in the foot every week. I hate it, because I don't hate him.

Spot on.

• Like 2

Diamond with width from Cissokho and Hutton. If it's a real 2 up front and not Gabby wide on one side and one of the 4 CMs wide the other, then it might not be too horrendous. Looking at how Liverpool line up though they will pack the midfield, we coudl have done with dropping Gabby as well as Weimann and match them up int he middle of the park. Jack played 90 mins last night though and with Gil ont he bench we don't have many other options.

I'd have played a 4-2-3-1.

Guzan, hutton, Okore, baker, cissokho, Sanchez, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Gil, benteke.

But no, the bloody diamond. A narrow formation that limits creativity.

That Liverpool team is there for the taking today. Probably the worst Liverpool team that's come to villa park in years and I don't think weve given ourselves the best chance to win.

Frustrating.

The game plan is literally: keep possession with four cms, crowd midfield and squeeze the life out of the game - pass sideways, backwards and just hope that Benteke creates something himself out of nothing. There's so much fear in Lambert's management.