Pre match thread

chappy

When you look at our team this is a game we could get something out of. When you look at our run I just can't see it though.

I'd like to see.

.......guzan........

Hutton..okore..Clark..cissokho

Bacuna..sanchez..delph..grealish

............gill................

............benteke.............

Clark suspended mate
Oh yeah of course. Is baker fit? Haven't heard much about him.
Yes I think so. Started training this week so should see him replace Clark I think

Regardless of what you say about our form and lack of goals, we are very tough to play against at home now, which hasn't been the case for the previous 2 years. I think someone said we are unbeaten in 6.

1-0 Villa win. Here starteth the turnaround.

• Like 2

Ah.... mixed feelings watching that. Great to see players like Merson and Dublin on display, but sad to think that we were spending more money on transfers 13 years ago than we are now.

Anyway back OT, I hope we see a bit more movement and creativity in midfield. Delph should offer a more direct threat and will be interesting to see if Gil gets any game time.

I honestly think however that we'll be set-up to try and keep the unbeaten run going (at home), rather than trying to take the game to Liverpoo.

0-2 sadly.

Regardless of what you say about our form and lack of goals, we are very tough to play against at home now, which hasn't been the case for the previous 2 years. I think someone said we are unbeaten in 6.

1-0 Villa win. Here starteth the turnaround.

A goal for us? Crazy!

Liverpool know Cissoko so they're likely to try and exploit any weaknesses there, although he'll be looking to prove something against them. Honestly though I think we'll play defensively and without much forward pressure, and I think they'll break us down and get at least one.

You play to your strengths and ours is defensive organisation.

Therefore we sit deep, pull them out and hit them on the break. Pushing up and keeping possession only forces them back and restricts our shots and chances.

Defending deep, then breaking quickly and getting men up in support is the way to go.

I'd like to see

--------------Guzan

Hutton, Okore, Baker, Cissokho

--------Sanchez----Delph

-----------------Gil

Gabby--------------------Grealish

-------------Benteke

Edited by Stevo985

Anyone have an idea of what the attendance is likely to be for this one?

I've heard it should be pretty good. I'd imagine around 37,000.

I was going to ask that myself.  With attendances so low this season, I was amazed I still can't buy a ticket the day before the game.

villiv_zps5da16dfb.jpg