• Christian (non practicing)
    • Muslim
    • Jew
    • Hindu
    • Sikh
    • Agnostic
    • Aethist
    • Other (please specify)

I think most of the people who have responded atheist in this poll, judging by this and other debates we've had are fairly nailed on atheists tbh

I agree (see above) though that the amount of agnostics should be higher as some of the non practising Christians are, according to what they've said, actually agnostic

Given the fact that modern day religions don't seem tolerate any sort of dissent these days, ie the fact that "Life of Brian" couldn't be made now, not without a Fatwah being declared, is it OK if I declare myself a Celt?

If I find wonder in the solstices, mid-summer day, rivers, trees etc.

PS: I aint had a "Jaz Woodbine" for yonks.

I am a Sikh - I don't ram my religion down other people's throats, I just believe what I want to believe, and that's that. No demonstrating, no drama, no trying to convert others. Let others believe what they want to believe, and live and let live. Life is too short to be worrying about stuff like religion.

I am a Sikh - I don't ram my religion down other people's throats, I just believe what I want to believe, and that's that. No demonstrating, no drama, no trying to convert others. Let others believe what they want to believe, and live and let live. Life is too short to be worrying about stuff like religion.

Amen to that.

Pun intended, but the sentiment was 100% genuine :)

im a racist....

I MEAN ATHEIST! :shock:

i love the idea that when you die u just get out your body and do whatever,

but i'm a man of science so i dont believe, but it still is a nice thought.

and nick rogers, you cant just dismiss religion altogether, your offending billions of peoples beliefs.

Religion offends me.... So it's OK for the religions to offend me is it??

I agree (see above) though that the amount of agnostics should be higher as some of the non practising Christians are, according to what they've said, actually agnostic

I would probably if I had to call myself an agnostic protestant catholic. I have taken Hume to heart and concluded that it is impossible to know whether deity exists. It is strictly a matter of first principles, as it were (as is science, because induction has the same status as the existence of deity after Hume's Fork: it's irrational nonsense; the scientific method is fundamentally predicated on induction, thus science is irrational nonsense).

Hear about the dyslexic, agonstic, insomniac...... lay awake all night thinking about dog.

All religions require a certain amount of blind faith or a leap of faith, im very much in the believe it when i see it camp, ive seen and read nothing in my 36 years on this planet that convinces me otherwise , Atheist.

Who here believes the world is round? What about the sun being the centre of the solar system? Everyone?

Well 700 years ago you would have probably burnt at the stake for such comments. The fact is there may or may not be a god. We simply do not have the technology to discover one way or the other but we will eventually. I mean recently we have teleported a beam of energy from one spot to another, who thought that would actually be possible?

I personally do not believe in a God, but I may be wrong, no one can prove it.

IN truth I don't care if there is one, or two, or a collection of thousand little invisible flying turnicorns influencing our day to day activities. I only get bothered when religous rocket polishers try and influence everyone elses' lives, live and let live im in total favour of, but will always get pissed off when I see a certain group trying to **** with kids heads by demanding more creationism horse shit, or believing they're not suitable to be criticised etc..

latest thing, iranian fuckwits accusing britain of islamopphobia because we gave rushdie a knighthood. They can bloody well **** off. A talented author is recognised, and he's free to write about what he wants. Those tolerant muslims forced him to go underground for 10 years. Bellends.

What a refreshing attitude, and without wishing to patronise anybody, one that I've found most Sikhs (and Hindus for that matter) tend to have. Peacefully following their religion whilst at the same time realising that they live in a modern Britain.

What a refreshing attitude, and without wishing to patronise anybody, one that I've found most Sikhs (and Hindus for that matter) tend to have. Peacefully following their religion whilst at the same time realising that they live in a modern Britain.

Risso, I guess being born and bred in Brum (or in the UK) helps - it's just that life is for living, and religion can be an easy excuse for intolerance.

My dad always says that wherever there is some sort of party (particularly where there is alcohol involved), then you will always find a Sikh there enjoying himself and having a good time. That's how I've lived my life, I guess.

Yep, all the Sikh guys I've known have liked a pint. Then again, I've known a few Muslims who have interpreted the Koran's ban on drinking slightly liberally. Let's face it, every culture in human history has come up with (a) a religion of some sort and (B) various ways of getting off yer face.

Who here believes the world is round? What about the sun being the centre of the solar system? Everyone?

Well 700 years ago you would have probably burnt at the stake for such comments.

To be honest, the flat earth idea wasn't as prevalent as often thought, pythagoras got to grips with the roundness in the 6thC BC, and it only became more well known again recently in the 19th century, with the intellectual clash between science and religion, where it randomly began to develop more support, from fundamentalists eager to dispute the silly scientific notion of a globular earth. Of course during the space race, their attempts to defend their beliefs became somewhat more tricky.

I'm not practising but I'm catholic and although free will and a modicum of intelligence prevents me from blindly believing every silly thing I was taught, I do believe that my own personal moral code and ethics are built firmly on the religious teachings of my childhood. I also think that is true for most moderate people with some level of religous background regardless of creed.

Â