• Christian (non practicing)
    • Muslim
    • Jew
    • Hindu
    • Sikh
    • Agnostic
    • Aethist
    • Other (please specify)

Just a quick spot survey, totally non scientific but im just curious. Does the average VT'er have a spiritual side or not?

Gonna rattle through most the major world religions, maybe split Christianity up a bit given its going to be the dominant answer, and throw in agnostic (not sure) and atheist (firmly believe there is no god) in there too.

Ill shamelessly bump this thread when it dies on its arse.

Christain (non practicing)

Basically my parents bought me up going to church everyweek..

Not really my thing now, although I don't think it did me any harm, and occasionally my 4yr old asks to go to sunday school with them.

Its fine if he wants, and fine if he doesnt.

Non practicing Catholic, however, I have issues with many Catholic teachings and after much research came to the conclusion that Hinduism best reflects my beliefs and therefore if I were forced to practice a religion, it could well be that.

Agnostic. I was never christened as my parents thought it should be my choice not theirs. I've chosen to be Agnostic. I don't particularly like any organised religion, I think most are in the least silly, or at worst down right dangerous. I've never been to church in my life except for funerals or weddings. I would prefer not have a religious wedding or funeral.

In theory I'm Christain (non practicing) as my parents had me christened

but I voted Aethist as that is closer to my own belief

if I'm wrong I'll recant on my deathbed

:-)

I always liked ... Suppose we’ve chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we’re just making him madder and madder

but Homer & Religion quotes are quality ...

Dear God. We paid for all this stuff ourselves, so thanks for nothing

If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn’t, it’s that girls should stick to girls’ sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such

Well, I may not know much about God, but I have to say we built a pretty nice cage for Him

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman

Up here we aren't really born into religion and very few go to church, so it's not a real issue.

Also, when we see what religion does to the world it's not very encouraging to "join in" on anything.

Especially in the Muslim parts of the world where religion is the excuse for acting like animals

Â