Would you swap it all for success?

gwi1890

I find a lot of yes votes amazing , yes we could take a leaf out of other teams books , .... and charge 80 quid a ticket

I'd seriously consider paying even 100 Quid to see a "Messi/Ronaldo" type player in a Villa shirt.

Rather than 10/20/30/40 or 50 Quid to see Cleverly

Without doubt yes. Agree with some of the others that the football we want, the league we want and the club we want died decades ago so moving to the modern day of soulless clubs is upon us so we may as well join rather than playing third fiddle to the rest, dire football and every weekend being depressing.

Yes please, history counts for very little these days,fed up of the dross on show & if change is £££ ....so be it.

I done see the plan under the current mob working & when this Tom fox thinks bodymoor Heath is a magical place that can transform a player into a world class operator..it worries me

Back on the subject of the "oil rich" ...I will never understand why they bought city & not villa,

Yes please, history counts for very little these days,fed up of the dross on show & if change is £££ ....so be it.

I done see the plan under the current mob working & when this Tom fox thinks bodymoor Heath is a magical place that can transform a player into a world class operator..it worries me

Back on the subject of the "oil rich" ...I will never understand why they bought city & not villa,

At the time I thought the man city oil consortium would get bored and leave within a few years. Not the case so far. I think the choice of City over us was probably as simple as; they've got Manchester in the name, everyone has heard of Man Utd, and they had the spanking new ex-common wealth games stadium which is now called the etihad. Weird to think it could've been us, I think it was fairly likely that they considered us.

I find a lot of yes votes amazing , yes we could take a leaf out of other teams books , .... and charge 80 quid a ticket

I'd seriously consider paying even 100 Quid to see a "Messi/Ronaldo" type player in a Villa shirt.

Rather than 10/20/30/40 or 50 Quid to see Cleverly

I see how that works for some people , but as a family of 4 , that would pretty much be the end for us.

• Like 1

I see how that works for some people , but as a family of 4 , that would pretty much be the end for us.

But you're going on a false assumption that wealthy owners equates to expensive tickets. In reality, Man City have some of the lowest prices whereas good old 'fair play' Arsenal are the highest.

• Like 1

No. It wouldn't sit right with me at all. I'd much prefer a fairer system, and real financial fair play. Modern football is the pits, Manchester City and Chelsea represent everything that's wrong with it.

• Like 4

i wouldn't swap it all, i could live with changing the name of the stands and stadium, especially the Doug Ellis, so long as the statues of legends remained and the historic elements were remembered in some way.  I'd actually not mind if the ground was demolished and rebuilt or even moved elsewhere so long as there was maybe a museum or something to remember the past.

so in essence, yes, bring on the billionaire oil baron!

No. It wouldn't sit right with me at all. I'd much prefer a fairer system, and real financial fair play. Modern football is the pits, Manchester City and Chelsea represent everything that's wrong with it.

This.

I'd swap it all for challenging for Europe again!! Ask any Man City fan and I bet Aguero is more popular than Goater.

Especially the ones that started supporting them in 2010.

Y'know, I think the thing I "enjoy" more about us not being an oil club is that we'll have struggles (like now) and we'll have relative highs (cup finals etc).  There's no expectation to win anything so if we manage to achieve anything even close to doing that, it feels special. The cup wins back in the mid 90's feel special - maybe especially to fans like myself who weren't around for the European cup win - and they also feel more distant now.  If it happened again, it'd be brilliant.

Those feelings compared to "struggling" being not quite getting in to the top 4, cups meaning nothing and expecting to win the title and challenge in the Champions League season after season.  If it doesn't happen, sack the manager and spend another £100m with no recourse.  No proper hardship, just this weird self entitlement.  No brainer for me - I don't like spoiled brats as it is.

• Like 1

Football is broken. Why not be part of something successful that keeps breaking it cause it won't be repaired anyway. Proof is this ongoing game and a ridicoulus decision to the money team and all the media agrees with this wrong decision. I want us finishing above Manure every damn season.

At the time I thought the man city oil consortium would get bored and leave within a few years. Not the case so far. I think the choice of City over us was probably as simple as; they've got Manchester in the name, everyone has heard of Man Utd, and they had the spanking new ex-common wealth games stadium which is now called the etihad. Weird to think it could've been us, I think it was fairly likely that they considered us.

Were we even up for sale?

Were we even up for sale?

We were floated on the stock market so effectively I think that means we were available to buy, albeit as lots of small parts. I think you're right that there's a difference between that and being 'for sale', but I honestly don't think that matters when money like that is being talked about. I don't remember chelsea being for sale, or when the Glazers bought man utd. Could be wrong of course!

Â