Would you swap it all for success?

gwi1890

Emphatic NO.

Have you seen how the fans of those clubs celebrate goals, wins ?

With as much enthusiasm as I celebrate waking up in the morning.

The game is about glory, but winning everything has nothing to do with glory.

I want us to be competitive, I want us to tap into the millions of potential fans who live within an hour of the ground, I want us to be entertaining.

If we do those things as well as they could be done we will have genuine and heartfelt good times.

That would do me far better.

• Like 1

I'm torn on the subject. There is a degree of soul-selling that you can't get back if you do a Man City. But having money to spend on world class players and seeing Villa park packed and rocking against Real Madrid on a February night would be amazing. 

Yes I would, but it's immaterial really cos even if you now have the money, you can't really spend it unless you are making a shed load from elsewhere.

The Holte will always be the Holte (to us fans), Villa Park will always be called that (by us fans) unless of course we move to a new ground by the NEC etc. Modern football is a smelly pile of shite of varying shiteness unless you are in the 'incestuous lock in Sky 5.' We missed the boat a long time ago - when finishing 2nd (89/90 and 92/93) was only good enough for UEFA Cup football and 4th (95/96) was only good enough for UEFA Cup Football.

Until the rules change, we are doomed to mid-table mediocre-ness and the occasionally exciting relegation scrappings.

I'm jealous - especially of the ultimate words removed at Chelsea. Words upon words upon words removed. Lucky words removed. A scum bag club like that with it's scum bag fans. Words removed.

At least we have the moral high ground with our genuine European Cup win, in a tournament full of actual league champions, and without the need for penalties. And, without a cheating, nasty word removed putting on his shirt to pose with the trophy as though he actually played the game. Total lady's private part and word removed.

To be honest, all that's missing is an FA Cup final win and I can die relatively happy. When clubs like Wimbledon, Portsmouth and Wigan can do it, why the hell can we not?

Shit, I am all miserable again now.

Great Post

Made me happy to be depressed about football

• Like 1

I think what makes an honest supporter is the endurance of the long slog through the barrenness of losing and the frustration of false dawns. The struggle itself is what makes a fan what he is. It's why the rare moments of joy feel like pure joy. It only took Man City 6 years to not sell out Champions League games, and those that go sit on their hands. Not that I think we'd be disinterested and casual about success, but I wouldn't want us to just expect to always be there. I'd almost rather expect to never be there, just so when we do get there by some fluke, we really enjoy every second of it.

• Like 2

Â