All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ermm.  Aren't U2 one of the biggest selling bands in the world so seems a good analogy. 

You seem to be a bit angry about this. 

The point is that (probably due to some of the best advertising ever made) Guinness is a highly aspirational brand that people like to associate with even if they don't like actually drinking it. 

I did however hear this fact many years ago so it's might have changed with time and now very much like U2 it's more fashionable to bash it instead. 

For the record I've never liked it but then I don't really like any dark beers. 

Guinness was cool for that period where their advertising was top notch. 

It's not the best beer, it's not the best stout, it's not even Irish. I still drink it and it is consumed in vast quantities around the world. Never heard it described as aspirational.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

44 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Come on man, you can't even use your age as an excuse for that one! The chocolate is older than the queen 🤣

Erm... it's a big Toblerone. One of the interstices appears to have been filled in with gravel. What am I missing? 

Guinness gave me one of the best memories of my little life.

Three strangers (an Irishman, a Scotsman, and me) sat on a hill in Kenya, each with a bottle of Guinness, watching some elephants walk by below.

Whenever I have a Guinness, I’m back there.

• Like 3

Like Mike said, in a Nitrous only pub, Guiness is my go to but as Nitrous only pubs are getting much rarer I hardly ever drink it any more

The first two U2 albums aren't actually that bad, I own them both but just like Guiness I rarely if ever play them

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Erm... it's a big Toblerone. One of the interstices appears to have been filled in with gravel. What am I missing? 

They are concrete parking bollards that have been done up by a street artist to look like the famous chocolate bar. I guess not exactly “funny” but a bit cool.

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Construct your own joke from here. 

It was every joke stereotype you could ever wish for, which wasn’t lost on any of us.

Including the English guy who chose lager, and stayed inside to drink it because they had a room fan in the bar.

Four random couples thrown together for a long weekend in a topless Bedford Rascal, trying not to be killed by the wildlife.

I mean, stereotypes? The Irish couple turned up reeking of booze (not their fault, broken bottle spilled on them). Scots bloke kept bitching about the price of everything. English couple had been on Concorde like a thousand times and just couldn’t believe nobody else had. And us two, first ever big holiday, just following along two steps behind all the others. If it had been on the tv, I’d have written a complaint letter.

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are concrete parking bollards that have been done up by a street artist to look like the famous chocolate bar. I guess not exactly “funny” but a bit cool.

Ohhhh... 

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sorry don't get it?

Ironic because its exactly the same with Guinness. 

Apparently if people found funny pictures as enjoyable as Guinness then people would spend just as long posting funny pictures as they do discussing Guinness in a funny pictures thread 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Construct your own joke from here. 

Having watched the wildlife walk past for twenty minutes, the suspiciously-aroused Welshman stands up with a fake stretch and walks towards the bushes.

• Haha 2

Â