All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

42 minutes ago, turnbull said:

20220426_073857.jpg

Ironic because its exactly the same with Guinness. 

Apparently if they actually sold as much Guinness as they should do to people who claim they love it in market research their sales would be about 10 times what they are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I have never pretended to like U2. 

But I rather like Guinness. 

Same. 

And aren’t Guinness’ worldwide sales numbers actually quite high already? 

Not to mention that I meet far more people who say they find Guinness undrinkable (they’ll typically be light lager drinkers) than I meet fellow Guinness drinkers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Same. 

And aren’t Guinness’ worldwide sales numbers actually quite high already? 

Not to mention that I meet far more people who say they find Guinness undrinkable (they’ll typically be light lager drinkers) than I meet fellow Guinness drinkers. 

tbf, I would only drink 'draught' (nitrokeg) Guinness in a pub if there is no hand pulled ale available (or if it's badly kept). But at home, I'm very partial to the 6% West Indies recipe in bottles. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

tbf, I would only drink 'draught' (nitrokeg) Guinness in a pub if there is no hand pulled ale available (or if it's badly kept). But at home, I'm very partial to the 6% West Indies recipe in bottles. 

Sure, but I rarely do that kind of drinking, and then prefer wine (tell me you’re middle class etc.) so beer is usually drank in bulk, and for me Guinness is perfect for larger quantities and ‘knowing what you’re getting’ kind of drinking. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am a bit disappointed. All this talk of Guinness and no one has said it doesn't travel yet. 

I find that to be a bit of a myth, personally. 

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not really though. It's one of the biggest selling beers in the world so obviously plenty do like it regardless of any absentee market research figures. The most militant opinions on Guinness tend to be from those who don't like it. And it's fine not to like it. People who do like it don't really give a shit either way.

Ermm.  Aren't U2 one of the biggest selling bands in the world so seems a good analogy. 

You seem to be a bit angry about this. 

The point is that (probably due to some of the best advertising ever made) Guinness is a highly aspirational brand that people like to associate with even if they don't like actually drinking it. 

I did however hear this fact many years ago so it's might have changed with time and now very much like U2 it's more fashionable to bash it instead. 

For the record I've never liked it but then I don't really like any dark beers. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

You seem to be a bit angry about this.

Not even nearly :) You just read it that way. I was just saying that the "No one ever actually liked..." thing is not Guinness.

As an aside, I don't like U2.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

tenor.gif

:D  From this very thread ...

On 11/12/2019 at 12:21, BOF said:
On 05/12/2019 at 20:57, chrisp65 said:

EK3HynwXkAAbaaS?format=jpg&name=medium

I got bottom middle in a Detroit airport bar once, for a fairly eye-watering price too (>$8).  Tried to convince me that's how the Irish drink it... yeah we got that fixed in the end.

Â