What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Brigitte Bond. A trans pioneer, also the beat girl, a picture of her dancing with Prince Buster was the inspiration for The Beat's logo.and.by extension Go Feets logo. 

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Brigitte Bond. A trans pioneer, also the beat girl, a picture of her dancing with Prince Buster was the inspiration for The Beat's logo.and.by extension Go Feets logo. 

The Beat GIrl's first name is Betty I believe but if we're going down this rabbit hole then Walt Jabsco (The Two Tone guy) is based on a picture of Peter Tosh from The Wailing Wailers album cover so.... erm .... have this :D 

So the Go Feet rabbit hole continues. The Beat set up their own label primarily to release their own material but they did release (or reissue to be more precise) another bands records. I don't think many people remember the album with the catalogue number BEAT 2 (BEAT 1 being The Beat's debut)

BEAT 2 was the reissue of one of the greatest Jamaican albums of all time, the Lee Perry produced, Heart of the Congos. It was only three years after the album was originally released and I don't think it sold in big numbers but it'll set you back about £70 to get a good copy of that pressing these days

LTc5NzEuanBlZw.jpeg

• Like 1

The other £3 odd record bought today. FAC133 the 12” single of Subculture by New Order which has as a B-side this. Dub Vulture, the Dub mix of the A side. This is worth more on Discogs than the tenner I bought three records for today, not that it’s of importance I wanted this B side

• Like 1

Â