What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Stapleton gets a lot of plays chez Mooney. 

I've always loved that country/soul hybrid. 

This has the same vibe (although it's a direct ripoff of Ray Charles' "I Can't Stop Loving You"): 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The Fall? One for the "Things you don't get" thread, for me. 

you ever feel angry for no real reason and you feel like you want some music but Beethovens 9th doesn't fit the bill so you think about the Sex Pistols but they are too angry, Pink Floyd are too technically proficient and the Libertines are too scratchy, Led Zeppelin are too self indulgent but the small faces are too simple, Townes Van Zandt is too mellow and Slayer are too heavy, GnR are too commercial but Blind Melon aren't well enough known, David Bowie is too...well David Bowie, T-rex are too glam but The velvet Underground are too avant garde whilst Slade are also too glam but Mott the Hoople ain't glam enough...that's when you put The Fall on

once you have listened to a few tracks then everything else falls into its own place

I quite like them but only very very very occasionally, although when I do get into them I listen to them non stop for a few days, they kind of cleanse my musical pallet each time and allow me to start from scratch

• Like 4

23 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

you ever feel angry for no real reason and you feel like you want some music but Beethovens 9th doesn't fit the bill so you think about the Sex Pistols but they are too angry, Pink Floyd are too technically proficient and the Libertines are too scratchy, Led Zeppelin are too self indulgent but the small faces are too simple, Townes Van Zandt is too mellow and Slayer are too heavy, GnR are too commercial but Blind Melon aren't well enough known, David Bowie is too...well David Bowie, T-rex are too glam but The velvet Underground are too avant garde whilst Slade are also too glam but Mott the Hoople ain't glam enough...that's when you put The Fall on

once you have listened to a few tracks then everything else falls into its own place

I quite like them but only very very very occasionally, although when I do get into them I listen to them non stop for a few days, they kind of cleanse my musical pallet each time and allow me to start from scratch

If I'm in a bad mood I put Electric Wizard on. It normally does the trick. Still not a patch on Black Sabbath though.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I...I dunno. 

I kinda like it. I kinda don't at all. Instrumentation is fine, pretty good even. But the lyrics don't work at all. It's almost like a spoken word piece over some music at times with the melody completely at odds with the music. It's awkward. And bad.

Â