What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Cant  help myself tonight, but I'm still amazed how good this band was. It's nights like tonight  that they blow everything else out of the water. They make Led Zeppelin sound extremely boring(they are not) but tonight no ***** is getting close. Enthusiasm has no boundaries when it comes to my band, my love, my life. God bless Black Sabbath. Pissed? No, High? No

I will stop now because it's getting embarrassing, but this shit is real :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cant  help myself tonight, but I'm still amazed how good this band was. It's nights like tonight  that they blow everything else out of the water. They make Led Zeppelin sound extremely boring(they are not) but tonight no ***** is getting close. Enthusiasm has no boundaries when it comes to my band, my love, my life. God bless Black Sabbath. Pissed? No, High? No

I will stop now because it's getting embarrassing, but this shit is real :)

I love your enthusiasm for Sabbath. I don't share it (greatly prefer Zeppelin), but I'm kinda like that about Dylan. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I love your enthusiasm for Sabbath. I don't share it (greatly prefer Zeppelin), but I'm kinda like that about Dylan. 

It was just a mad half hour I had. Something comes over me and I go all funny. I'm alright again now.

yes, when you've properly got something with a band/artist it's special and it pulls on your heart and grabs you by the balls. If someone can get that with a band then they are very lucky.

i don't get Dylan, although I appreciate his talent and input in music. Much prefer Neil young. Infact I was gutted I missed his uk tour last year. If he comes back I'll definitely be there. 

Sabbath is a sound like no other. There are many imitators but nothing captures that sound like the original lineup. What stole my heart was the lyrics. Growing up I could relate to them and even now I can relate to them. Ozzy, although a shadow of his former self was the perfect frontman for the band. The fans could relate to him and he was someone the fans could latch onto, unlike say Robert plant or mick jagger. He was far from perfect, but that was part of his charm. I'm on about 70s ozzy here. Once that original lineup split up they lost something and became like other bands. 

I suppose you never get tired of Dylan and I'm the same with sabbath.

That's it. I totally understand why people don't get Dylan, that's fine. But I'll listen to anything by him - even the 'bad' stuff. If I had to ditch every artist in my collection except one, it would be him. 

You're right about Neil Young though. Probably the best gig I've ever seen, just last year. 

Â