Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I can see only two scenarios with the back line for this game.

1. Lambert maintains the same back line as the previous couple of matches with Vlaar on the bench.

2. Lambert switches to 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 to accommodate Vlaar.

----------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton-------Okore------Vlaar-----Cissokho

------Cleverley--Sanchez--Delph-------------

N'Zogbia-----------Benteke---------Agbonlahor

Edited by villalad21

How can anyone justify putting Insomnia in the starting line up? He has had plenty of chances this season and had a negative impact in most games. He is crap bar maybe one game per season if were lucky. I'd have Grealish or Bacuna ahead of him as both did more in their sup appearances last week than Insomnia has all season. Weimann will start anyway and deservedly so.

• Like 1

How can anyone justify putting Insomnia in the starting line up? He has had plenty of chances this season and had a negative impact in most games. He is crap bar maybe one game per season if were lucky. I'd have Grealish or Bacuna ahead of him as both did more in their sup appearances last week than Insomnia has all season. Weimann will start anyway and deservedly so.

Well, i hate Weimann, can't stand the man. Such a brainless footballer that shoots from ridicilous angles, and where do they end up usually? Not anywhere near the goal. At least Zog is trying to setting players up.

Well, i hate Weimann, can't stand the man. Such a brainless footballer that shoots from ridicilous angles, and where do they end up usually? Not anywhere near the goal. At least Zog is trying to setting players up.

Haha you're a funny guy. I could go on the pitch and try to set up players but I'd be shit and wouldn't deserve to be on the pitch ahead of Weimann who has 3 goals and 2 or 3 asissts and offers a hell of a lot in a defensive sense also. Seriously lad Zogbia doesn't even deserve to be on the bench.

Haha you're a funny guy. I could go on the pitch and try to set up players but I'd be shit and wouldn't deserve to be on the pitch ahead of Weimann who has 3 goals and 2 or 3 asissts and offers a hell of a lot in a defensive sense also. Seriously lad Zogbia doesn't even deserve to be on the bench.

You're deluded, you see what you want to see. You and a handful others obviously have a vendetta against Zog. He did lose the ball twice in the last game, but other than that he didn't do anything wrong. You want to see N'Zogbia fail, that's your problem.

You're deluded, you see what you want to see. You and a handful others obviously have a vendetta against Zog. He did lose the ball twice in the last game, but other than that he didn't do anything wrong. You want to see N'Zogbia fail, that's your problem.
Ha the irony is so blatant. He did nothing positive in the last game. The only time he has done anything of note this season was vs Hull when he was involved in the build up to one of the goals, other than that he has been utter tripe.

Ha the irony is so blatant. He did nothing positive in the last game. The only time he has done anything of note this season was vs Hull when he was involved in the build up to one of the goals, other than that he has been utter tripe.

I'm not a fan of Zog either, but Weimann is simply worse. The few good things he does, do not cover up for all the joke performance he's made the last 2 seasons.

Edited by villalad21

Andreas Weimann: 3 goals, 2 assists.

Charles N'Zogbia: 0 goals, 1 assist.

N'Zogbia been injured for a year, unfair comparison. You can't compare the two because Weimann plays 90% more games. If you look at Weimann's contributions the last 3 seasons it's a joke.

Edited by villalad21

Massive game looking at the fixtures. If we get some incredible luck and everything works out in our favour, we can actually be poised to challenge for Europe (massive lol)

Villa to win

Swansea vs Spurs to Draw

Man Utd to beat Liverpool

Arsenal to draw with Newcastle

Everton to draw with QPR

Would leave the table looking absolutely insane from our perspective as:

6. Arsenal P16 GD6 Pts24

7. Newcastle P16 GD-1 Pts24

8. Swansea P16 GD3 Pts 23

9. Spurs P16 GD-3 Pts 22

10. Villa P16 GD-8 (or better) Pts 22

11. Liverpool P16 GD-1 (or worse) Pts 21

For us to potentially be 2 points off Arsenal come the end of the weekend's games is nothing short of unbelievable, given how dire we've been for great swathes of the season

• Like 1

I think we'll win because of Benteke - he's gearing up for a really explosive game I reckon. Also our defence is solid.

The debate going on in the posts above is depressing. Just shows how lacking we are in options in midfield and the forward line. We rely immensely on Benteke - far too much - but I reckon he will do enough to help us overcome a very weak West Brom side.

• Like 1

----------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton-------Okore------Clark-----Cissokho

------Cleverley--Sanchez--Delph-------------

Weimann-----------Benteke---------Agbonlahor

Fixed (Clark for Vlaar and Weimann for Zog).

Despite your clear dislike of Weimann, I think this is actually a game he's really suited to. Remember last season, the game changed in our favour when Weimann (and others) were brought on as a sub.

Anything can happen in a derby, and this game is definately going to be scrappy, therefore Weimann's workrate is designed for a game like this.

I'd go for the above team, and I'd bring Delph off at half-time for Richardson, if he's in need of a rest.

I'm also of the 'Clark and Okore should remain' opinion.

• Like 1