Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

pressure slightly lessened thanks to back to back wins, hopefully we can play with more freedom and exploit nerves on their behalf.

Will also depend on injury situations, if Cleverley and Westwood are out, and with Nzogbia failing to resemble a footballer at present how does the midfield line up?

Sanchez

Bacuna Richardson Grealish

Wiemann Benteke Agbonlahor

?

Or bring Herd in and keep Jack on the bench?

pressure slightly lessened thanks to back to back wins, hopefully we can play with more freedom and exploit nerves on their behalf.

Will also depend on injury situations, if Cleverley and Westwood are out, and with Nzogbia failing to resemble a footballer at present how does the midfield line up?

Sanchez

Bacuna Richardson Grealish

Wiemann Benteke Agbonlahor

?

Or bring Herd in and keep Jack on the bench?

Yeah cant see him starting Grealish in a fiesty local derby. Assuming Cleverley and Westy are out then maybe he'll use Bacuna and Richardson and seek to perhaps bring Grealish on later in the game depending on how its going. Would be great to see Grealish given a starting role but cant see PL doing that.

I've not been massive fans of either player but you gotta laugh as both Westwood and Cleverley would have been perfect for this game! Sanchez and Richardson as a CM pair doesn't fill me with glee. At least the latter has plenty of premier experience which is key in these derbies!

A difficult decision coming up here. In a different game, I'd go with a midfield diamond:

-------------Sanchez----------------

--Bacuna-----------Richardson---

-------------Weimann---------------

Weimann could be replaced by N'Zogbia, if the latter actually looked any good at all. But it obviously runs the risk of being outmuscled by Albion if they pack the midfield, so maybe we'll just play a straight midfield three of:

----Bacuna------Sanchez-------Richardson--

But then ball retention is going to be a huge problem. To be honest, I can see us getting overrun. 

A difficult decision coming up here. In a different game, I'd go with a midfield diamond:

-------------Sanchez----------------

--Bacuna-----------Richardson---

-------------Weimann---------------

Weimann could be replaced by N'Zogbia, if the latter actually looked any good at all. But it obviously runs the risk of being outmuscled by Albion if they pack the midfield, so maybe we'll just play a straight midfield three of:

----Bacuna------Sanchez-------Richardson--

But then ball retention is going to be a huge problem. To be honest, I can see us getting overrun. 

I think Weimann should be given a show here. He works really hard both defensively and offensively which I believe we need in order not to get overrun in the midfield. shame about our injuries in the middle ahead of this fixture as our options aren't exactly ideal. Would like to see Grealish given a start and a chance to really kick it, but I think Richardson will be given that spot ahead of him.

Big game indeed, but I think we'll be able to snag it in the end. Especially considering how desperate WBA will be for the win.

-------------------------Goose

Hutton-----Okore------------Clark-----------Cissy

Richardson---------Cleverley-------------Sanchez

Weimann-----------Benteke--------------Agbonlahor

-------------------------Goose

Hutton-----Okore------------Clark-----------Cissy

Richardson---------Cleverley-------------Sanchez

Weimann-----------Benteke--------------Agbonlahor

Nearly

Cleverley - Sanchez - Richardson