limpid

Amazing to see that a former top 4 club player can be so far behind the others physically but still so far ahead in terms of footballing ability. Been comfortably our best player.

Shows the gulf in a really big way.

Also I like the idea of Jack coming on against tired defense and showing what he's about

• Like 1

So, it begs the question, if we can play this well under Lambert, does he not have a single player in the squad who he feels can do the 'Joe Cole' role when Cole is out injured? Grealish, used sparingly? Cleverley, pushed forward? Richardson even? I really don't believe that Cole is the man to get us playing well.

Edit: I should add. I don't believe that Cole is the only man to get us playing well.

Brilliant performance so far and we would be much more comfortable if Sanchez could get his act together.  Joe Cole has been immense and it was a great ball from Weimann.  Westwood looks like a different player with Cole ahead of him, someone who can actually hold onto the ball and help open things up for other players.  Gabby has looked really dangerous also and Cleverley is playing well.

Joe Cole showing the kind of class that we've been lacking for so long. Lots of great runs and nice passes from him, not forgetting the very well taken goal.

Ref is going to have a tough time trying to keep a lid on the game in the second half if it carries on like this, although I can imagine Sean Douchebag trying to get his players to wind us up.

Enjoying it so far, probably the most entertaining Villa game this season - although that's not very hard to say....

Â