January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Lambert said the club will try to bring in one or two more tomorrow.

Where did he say that?

Sky Interview.

Did he sound as though there were firm plans or was it just a "we'll try and see"?

I know it's points on the board that matter but would be nice to get in one more player to cheer everyone up, someone who can come into the first team and make a difference right away. A goalscorer would be good.

An you think this will change the tactics??

Cheer everyone up until we get spanked by Chelsea.

Well obviously I realise that everyone won't stay cheered up forever, we're going to lose matches and people will react to that bad news when it happens accordingly. But if we can someone like Ba or similar in on loan then it might give people a bit more confidence that things can improve.

• Like 1

Where did he say that?

Sky Interview.

Did he sound as though there were firm plans or was it just a "we'll try and see"?

Think it was "if we can bring 1 or 2 in we will try."

We shall see.

• Like 2

I know it's points on the board that matter but would be nice to get in one more player to cheer everyone up, someone who can come into the first team and make a difference right away. A goalscorer would be good.

Well obviously I realise that everyone won't stay cheered up forever, we're going to lose matches and people will react to that bad news when it happens accordingly. But if we can someone like Ba or similar in on loan then it might give people a bit more confidence that things can improve.

He's been bringing in players every transfer window for 2 and a half years and we've done nothing but go backwards and get worse.

I can't see much changing.

He's been bringing in players every transfer window for 2 and a half years and we've done nothing but go backwards and get worse.

If he hadn't have got in the players that he has, then we'd be relegated by now. With any other manager like Mcleish, Curbishly or a lot of the other alternative names, you'd now be watching Villa in the Championship with the likes of DJ Campbell and Karl Henry in the team.

• Like 1

If he hadn't have got in the players that he has, then we'd be relegated by now. With any other manager like Mcleish, Curbishly or a lot of the other alternative names, you'd now be watching Villa in the Championship with the likes of DJ Campbell and Karl Henry in the team.

I don't think you can use this as an argument, there is zero evidence for it.

Where did he say that?

Sky Interview.

More players he won't have a clue how to use.

I could say the opposite (CL Spot, Falcao up front) and it wouldn't be less true.

There's zero evidence for the opposite then too.

But the facts are that he as kept us in the league so far with the players that he has managed to sign. Maybe Mcleish, Curbishly and so on would have spotted the likes of Benteke, Westwood, Okore et al but it seems unlikely to me.

But the facts are that he as kept us in the league so far with the players that he has managed to sign. Maybe Mcleish, Curbishly and so on would have spotted the likes of Benteke, Westwood, Okore et al but it seems unlikely to me.

You're assuming Lambert is the one who spotted those.

And no they might not have spotted those players but I find it hard to believe it would have been much worse than what we've seen so far under lambert

Then what was the point of mentioning it?

• Like 1

I could say the opposite (CL Spot, Falcao up front) and it wouldn't be less true.

You can say that if you want but it would be an whole lot less likely and unrealistic.

Or maybe they would buy other players and get the best out of what they have.

Then what was the point of mentioning it?

I originally said that it would be nice to get in another signing to help with results and to give the fans a bit more confidence one of the replies to this was that Lambert has had previous transfer windows to improve results, my reply to that was that he's used those windows to sign players that have kept us in the league, which I think is an achievment, one which if the season ended today would be repeated.

My mentioning the idea of us signing the likes of Henry and DJ Campbell is just based on what I think would have happened if we handn't have got Lambert. Indeed before Mcleish left, there were newspaper articles linking us to both those players, not evidence, but then again most of the talk on here is based on speculation. And I'm just speculating that most of the other managers we could attract wouldn't have been able to spot the players that Lambert has.