January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

If he hadn't have got in the players that he has, then we'd be relegated by now. With any other manager like Mcleish, Curbishly or a lot of the other alternative names, you'd now be watching Villa in the Championship with the likes of DJ Campbell and Karl Henry in the team.

I don't think you can use this as an argument, there is zero evidence for it.

There's zero evidence for the opposite then too.

But the facts are that he as kept us in the league so far with the players that he has managed to sign. Maybe Mcleish, Curbishly and so on would have spotted the likes of Benteke, Westwood, Okore et al but it seems unlikely to me.

Then what was the point of mentioning it?

I originally said that it would be nice to get in another signing to help with results and to give the fans a bit more confidence one of the replies to this was that Lambert has had previous transfer windows to improve results, my reply to that was that he's used those windows to sign players that have kept us in the league, which I think is an achievment, one which if the season ended today would be repeated.

My mentioning the idea of us signing the likes of Henry and DJ Campbell is just based on what I think would have happened if we handn't have got Lambert. Indeed before Mcleish left, there were newspaper articles linking us to both those players, not evidence, but then again most of the talk on here is based on speculation. And I'm just speculating that most of the other managers we could attract wouldn't have been able to spot the players that Lambert has.

I disagree with the fact that other managers wouldn't have been able to spot similar talent but I have to respect your opinion.

Lambert isnt the Superscout a lot of people think he is.

I am aware that he was on a limited budget but he had a lot of misses aswell: Sylla, Tonev, Bennett, El Ahmadi, Bowery, Helenius, Dawkins, Holt, Cleverly, Lowton.

No, other Managers probably wouldn't have spotted Okore, Benteke or Gil. The point is they were not the only unproven, talented Footballers out there. Another Manager could have spotted Berahino, Fernandinho or 

Pelle. Lots of fish in the ocean.

Concerning links to unwanted players: Newspapers are Twatter of yesterday.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Prolific European striker worth £15m+ in-bound

We have already got one, or have you not noticed. Will make no difference in this squad if Lambert does not know how to get this team to create.

He should save his 15m or spend on another CM and work on Benteke. There's a top international striker right there.

I'm actually excited for tomorrow , seen as we can't have any more loans from England I can see us getting a permanent signing in , and he seems to only be looking at first team quality . I'd love Arron Lennon and dembele/ capoue but I'm expecting Grant Holt and sidwell

My idea is that any other manager's that we would be likely to attract wouldn't have brought in the players that Lambert has, especially given that Lerner seems to be against going for anyone who hasn't Premier league experience. Anyway it doesn't matter who he's signed or hasn't my main point was that he's kept us in the league with players that he's brought to the club and if we could turn back time and see what would have happened if we'd have kept Mcleish or given the to someone like Curbishly or Solskjær then I'd dread to think what mess we'd be in now.

My idea is that any other manager's that we would be likely to attract wouldn't have brought in the players that Lambert has, especially given that Lerner seems to be against going for anyone who hasn't Premier league experience. Anyway it doesn't matter who he's signed or hasn't my main point was that he's kept us in the league with players that he's brought to the club and if we could turn back time and see what would have happened if we'd have kept Mcleish or given the to someone like Curbishly or Solskjær then I'd dread to think what mess we'd be in now.

It sounds like keeping us in the league is some kind of achievement to be proud of!?

He was supposed to get us going upwards.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

I'm actually excited for tomorrow , seen as we can't have any more loans from England I can see us getting a permanent signing in , and he seems to only be looking at first team quality . I'd love Arron Lennon and dembele/ capoue but I'm expecting Grant Holt and sidwell

Lennon has gone to Hull, we wont be getting Holt, and Capoue is unlikely.

Its no good bigging him up for transfer dealings, if he can't turn the good players he has signed into a winning squad, an you have no factual proof another manager would have done any worst or better. The real proof of the matter is that Lambert can't do F*** all with a good squad is staring you in the face.

That's where are as a club, I guess it's up to the individual who they blame for that. I don't myself blame Lambert since it was like that before he got here. And will be like it after he has gone and until we get new owners in, even then nothing is guaranteed.

Lennon has gone to Hull, we wont be getting Holt, and Capoue is unlikely.

Its no good bigging him up for transfer dealings, if he can't turn the good players he has signed into a winning squad, an you have no factual proof another manager would have done any worst or better. The real proof of the matter is that Lambert can't do F*** all with a good squad is staring you in the face.

My proof is that the transfer dealings have kept us in the league. If people want to talk about proof then there is no proof that any other manager would have done better or will do better if they replace Lambert.