January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Since the rise of Okore I am content with Vlaar leaving.

We'll miss Delph more I reckon.

Hopefully we can invest whatever we get for them

True, if we can get say enough for Lambert to find three £5m players from any Delph and Vlaar money, plus Cleverley then we may find ourselves better off. That said we will probably lose half the team to long term injuries again anyway knowing our luck.

In the last few years we've had opportunities to buy sissokho, belhanda, Kiyotake & popov for £3/5million and refused to pay that much but we are happy to pay £7.5million for a player who offers us exactly the same as Westwood. Baffling.

• Like 1

In the last few years we've had opportunities to buy sissokho, belhanda, Kiyotake & popov for £3/5million and refused to pay that much but we are happy to pay £7.5million for a player who offers us exactly the same as Westwood. Baffling.

And all of those players actually had interest in coming to us? I doubt it.

I dunno if they wanted to come here, but I distinctly remember being linked with these players and baulking at the asking price.

I dunno if they wanted to come here, but I distinctly remember being linked with these players and baulking at the asking price.

I remember it too but I think both Sissokho and Belhanda wanted to go where the money was, hence their current playing locations. Kiyotake was more like £7 million if I remember correctly and his agent was taking the piss. Not sure about Popov. Either way though I don't want to sign Cleverley for that price. its bloody stupid, unless of course we have more money to spend.......

Won't 7.5m be the most Lambert has spent on a player?

Yes. (I think Benteke may have been 7.8m, not sure).

As for new signings apart from Cleverly our current points total means that there'll be no money to spend. Might see a loan come in (hopefully) and probably Bent out on loan for the rest of the season.