Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I was thinking Newcastle need points and I think they'll beat West Brom.

If West Brom lose to Newcastle they might not yet be out of it as I think they'll lose away to Man. United and Arsenal and probably Chelsea at home if they're properly motivated.

That would leave them 37 points so they won't be too far off the bottom 3 come the end.

I have a funny feeling Newcastle might win at Leicester. In injuries are piling up and that defeat to Chelsea may knock the stuffing out of them. Its happened so many times when a team wins 4 in a row and the bubble is burst they tend to loose a few.

I would prefer that result certainly as there's still obviously more chance of Leicester going down than Newcastle currently.

Leicester lose and they will remain on 31 points with three to play. Tricky home game with Southampton, have to go to Sunderland of course (a game we can't really lose from) and then finish up with QPR at home which I expect them to win.

The lower the points total to stay up the better for us of course so hopefully Newcastle will wake up and at least get a draw on Saturday.

If West Brom lose to Newcastle they might not yet be out of it as I think they'll lose away to Man. United and Arsenal and probably Chelsea at home if they're properly motivated.

That would leave them 37 points so they won't be too far off the bottom 3 come the end.

absolutely no chance 37 points gets relegated, or even finishes 4th last

• Like 1

I dont even want to guess.. whatever we think anything can happen in any game.. even an early red card for the favourite can change the outcome of a match.

It does make things interesting.. ive been watching more of the non villa games of late just to cheer on the other side playing our relegation rivals.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

I would prefer that result certainly as there's still obviously more chance of Leicester going down than Newcastle currently.

Leicester lose and they will remain on 31 points with three to play. Tricky home game with Southampton, have to go to Sunderland of course (a game we can't really lose from) and then finish up with QPR at home which I expect them to win.

The lower the points total to stay up the better for us of course so hopefully Newcastle will wake up and at least get a draw on Saturday.

Depends on our result against Everton doesn't it really? If we win that and Leicester beat the barcodes, then Newcastle are right in the shit, in freefall, whereas we'd still be a point above Leicester and in good form....

4 pts minimum from our next two home games for me.

Two draws and beat burnley (or Southmapton) would be enough too. As long as we don't lose tomorrow we'll be okay.

I quickly did that predictor thing and I'm feeling pretty confident about us staying up. I only put one Villa win (v Burnley) and we still finished in 17th. Hull v Burnley and Sunderland v Leicester will be interesting games to keep an eye on.. 

Me neither, one thing I have learned over the last few years is to give up trying to predict other teams scores, as you tend to get some shock results at this time of the season. We just need to make sure we get ourselves another 5-6 points in my opinion, and I don't care how we get them. I am hoping for a minimum of:- Draw vs Everton, Win against West Ham, and a draw with Southampton (although I have a sneaky feeling we may win that one).

need a win tomorrow; momentum is key.

I think we need minimum a point myself, won't be easy as Everton are in some good form.

Edited by romavillan

I'm not expecting any points tomorrow but I think we'll be fine regardless

What will relegate us is an upsurge in Sunderland form - at the moment that looks unlikley - but it might not after tommorows results.