QPR (h)

Sunderland Fixtures: 

Everton (a)

Leicester (h)

Arsenal (a)

Chelsea (a)

Edited by villanwesty88

Guest av1

The pleasing thing about today is not only that I think we are now safe, but I 100% believe that we will not be in this position again next year.

Our win today is big, but Sunderland's is even bigger. That has moved them within touching distance of everyone.

West Brom have been pulled back into it as well.

Every week we say we need one more win, but really it keeps changing as the other teams around us keep winning. We still need one more win at least. It could actually be 40 points is required this season.

Well we are less safe in a lot of ways but there are now more teams in it and newcastle are in danger, direct danger, one loss away from relegation. On what we've done the last few games, then we will do west ham and that will be that. Given the numbers involved, and our momentum, i think we are safe.

Sunderland with Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal away... can they really get more than three more points?

Their other game is Leicester at home, too. A Leicester win there would have them safe, that's a huge game - in fact I think that's the most important game left at the bottom

Has there been a game under Tim where we lost but didn't deserve anything from the game? I'm struggling to remember

Swansea at home was probably the worst performance.

Well we are less safe in a lot of ways but there are now more teams in it and newcastle are in danger, direct danger, one loss away from relegation. On what we've done the last few games, then we will do west ham and that will be that. Given the numbers involved, and our momentum, i think we are safe.

How are we less safe? We won. We're at least as safe, surely?! (Looking at the remaining fixtures of other teams i would this win say makes us more safe than at 1500 today).

Sunderland with Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal away... can they really get more than three more points?

They beat Southanpton so you never know. Chelsea will have won the league by then. Everybody up to West Brom aren't safe yet.

Despite being just 2 points above the drop, the key is we have bought others into the mix. 

We have more favourable fixtures and are importantly in good form. I think we need 4 points from our final games to be sure of survival.