Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Thing with Leicester is they now have something to lose, they were gone a few weeks ago, have gone on a great run and find themselves outside the bottom 3, probably for the first time since they either beat us or United. You'd wonder does their mind set change and they end up thinking a point here might not be the worst result, rather than going all out for a win, personally I think that's a horrible attitude and sees teams not managed by Jose beaten more often than they get the draw. 4 points minimum from the next 2 games for me, I think if we get that we'll be fine, with Burnley still at home, and Southampton who we have a decent record against since they came up.

said this on weekend, its easier to win games when its not expected. Wigan did it for years but when you are expected to win thats when the problem occurs. I remember Swansea vs Wigan a few seasons back, the game that actually saved us from going down. 

Us, Leicester and Hull are the form teams down there in relative terms, 3 defeats in the last 7 for us and Hull, 2 for Leicester.  Burnley and Q.P.R. look gone - unless Q.P.R. get anything out of their next two (Liverpool (A) and Man City (A)).  Hull have a tough run in, as do Sunderland.  I can see Hull beating Burnley at home, though, which will give them 37 points and probable safety.

This all comes down to Leicester.  Of their remaining 4 games, they play Sunderland, Newcastle and Q.P.R.  I'd take them beating all of them, to be honest.  IF Sunderland do lose to Leicester, they need to find points from Southampton (H) and Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea (A).  Huge ask.  Of course, if Leicester don't beat Sunderland then they stay right in there with everyone else.

It's going to be tight.  Hopefully we beat Everton and can relax more going into the final 3.

Burnley: 95.6% v

QPR: 90.6%

Sunderland: 64.7%

Villa: 24.1%

Leicester: 22.4% v

Hull: 1.8% ^^

Newcastle: 0.8%

QPR: 89.6%

Burnley: 89.5% vv

Sunderland: 63.1% vv

Villa: 21.6% v

Hull: 20.0% ^^^

Leicester: 15.5% ^

Newcastle: 0.7%

Just updated my sports predictor with very generous results for Hull, Sunderland and Leicester.  For us I have us winning against West Ham and Burnley.  I have it going down to the last day.

13.  Aston Villa - 39 Points with -21 GD

14.  Leicester - 38 Points with -16 GD

15.  West Brom - 38 Points with - 21 GD

16.  Hull - 37 Points with -16 GD

17.  Newcastle - 37 Points with - 25 GD

18.  Sunderland - 36 Points with - 27 GD

19.  QPR - 30 Points with - 23 GD

20.  Burnley - 30 Points with - 27 GD

I like this one.

Back in the day, that was Inter ToTo qualification!

How do Hull have a 1.8 chance of going down and Villa and Leicester have over 20. Leicester have a better run-in than Hull for a start

More points on the board, better goal difference, only 4 games left...

• Like 1

How do Hull have a 1.8 chance of going down and Villa and Leicester have over 20. Leicester have a better run-in than Hull for a start

Hull are 4 points clear of relegation with a superior goal difference. I think they have a better than 2% chance of going down, but it's still very unlikely.
  • Like 1

Schneiderlin out for the rest of the season and Southampton have Sunderland, Leicester and Villa still to play.

A weakened Southampton could have an impact on the run-in.

That is a big blow for Southampton no doubt....their results usually dip when he dosen't play. I also see Alderwielder is playing with an injury. At the same time though you've got to think Pelle, Mane with Tadic and Long as subs is going to cause Sunderland's back 4 all sorts of issues.

I'll give Sunderland a draw in that one.

West Ham is a massive one for me.

If both us and Sunderland draw this weekend, then the following weekend Sunderland actually play Everton away at 12.45 so we'll know at kick off what their result is.

If they lose and we win the gap will be 5 points with 3 games left. Sunderland would then need to win one of Chelsea/Arsenal away and they'd also need us not to pick up another point from the final two games.

That's why I'm not panicking if we don't win this weekend, I don't think a point would be a disaster.

I will however be getting worried if we can't beat West Ham at home.

Schneiderlin out for the rest of the season and Southampton have Sunderland, Leicester and Villa still to play.

A weakened Southampton could have an impact on the run-in.

That is a big blow for Southampton no doubt....their results usually dip when he dosen't play. I also see Alderwielder is playing with an injury. At the same time though you've got to think Pelle, Mane with Tadic and Long as subs is going to cause Sunderland's back 4 all sorts of issues.

I'll give Sunderland a draw in that one.

West Ham is a massive one for me.

If both us and Sunderland draw this weekend, then the following weekend Sunderland actually play Everton away at 12.45 so we'll know at kick off what their result is.

If they lose and we win the gap will be 5 points with 3 games left. Sunderland would then need to win one of Chelsea/Arsenal away and they'd also need us not to pick up another point from the final two games.

That's why I'm not panicking if we don't win this weekend, I don't think a point would be a disaster.

I will however be getting worried if we can't beat West Ham at home.

My concern is if we don't win this weekend - and one two results go against us - panic mode could set in - where as a win this weekend would give us breathing space, and an unfortunate  injury to Vlaar  \Benteke  wouldn't screw us over - the way it would should we loose.

Surely there's pressure now? Why would it just start in the build up to West Ham particularly if Sunderland lose this weekend? Plenty of results have gone against us in the last week with Hull winning two and Leicester winning four in a row and we're still not in the bottom 3.

I agree with the last bit, only way I see us going down is if Benteke gets injured/red for violent conduct and misses the last 3 games as our goalscoring would decrease. So let's hope nothing stupid happens there.

Just saw our game at Southampton is the early kick off. Hopefully we win that and secure safety. Sunderland will know they have to win at home to Leicester , before a mid week game against Arsenal and last game of the season ar Chelsea. If we're 6 points clear of Sunderland by the time they kick off at 3pm I think we'll be safe.

We just need to win a game, one of the next two please as that would mean Sunderland would have to win at least 2 of their remaining 5 to finish above us and I just don't think they have it in them.

Edit: While the gap only remains 2 points of course we're still in serious danger but I fully expect that to be increased by the end of the West Ham game.

Edited by VillaChris

Southampton is vital game for Sunderland. I know shock results happen but it's difficult to see Sunderland getting much from the Arsenal/Chelsea games. Arsenal are battling hard for second and Chelsea are the last team in the world to suffer from complacency. That leaves Leicester as the only winnable game should they fail on Saturday which almost certainly won't be enough on its own.

I do fear that Southampton may well mess up though. They've struggled for goals for a while, especially against well drilled sides. If Sunderland get the first goal, I think they'll see it out. Lose it and they are as good as down in my opinion.

Saturday is all important for me. 

Sunderland winning and us losing is perfectly plausible and would be potentially catastrophic for us. 

With Pearson clearly feeling the pressure the Leicester game is unpredictable but Newcastle look too drained to collect all 3 points at the King Power. 

The best we can hope for is that we go into the last 3 games still with a lead on Sunderland. 

I think it is wrong to write off other club's chances of staying up because they have teams in the top two or three to play. Chelsea will be Champions at the weekend and will have very little to play for after that. As the season comes to an end, Arsenal will start to have eyes on the cup final and may start to take the foot off the gas a little. Club's might decide they don't fancy the prospect of the Europa League next season and drop off as a result of that.

I can see this going to the last day. To avoid that, I really think we need to win our next two games.