Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think we deserved the 3 points but do wonder what it would have been like if the baggies had actually come to play football first half.

Hopefully, the guys would have gained some confidence from that and now we can...ahem...go again!

Benteke's goal tonight was exactly the same importance as Lowton's against Stoke 2 seasons ago. (against Pulis again?)

Lowton's volley was the single thing that kept us up that season. This season it's that penalty.

Was feeling a bit better until I saw the fixtures.

Still going to be tough to get 3 or 4 more wins.

I'm convinced we will only need another 2.

I think you're right.

I think 3 would guarantee it, assuming we pick up 2 or 3 draws somewhere too. But I can definitely see 2 wins being enough. Especially if we got them vs QPR and Burnley

Benteke's goal tonight was exactly the same importance as Lowton's against Stoke 2 seasons ago. (against Pulis again?)

Lowton's volley was the single thing that kept us up that season. This season it's that penalty.

I think you're right.

I think 3 would guarantee it, assuming we pick up 2 or 3 draws somewhere too. But I can definitely see 2 wins being enough. Especially if we got them vs QPR and Burnley

Sadly I think there will be a few freak results from now on - 3 more wins gives us 34 points - 35 was enough last year ??

Don't forget our goal difference is rubbish and given we still have to visit both Manchester clubs it's unlikely to get much better so that is still a major handicap for us.

I wouldn't be secure on 33 or 34, to me 35 is boderline and upwards I wouldn't expect to be relegated.

The good thing about Hull and Sunderland drawing is we're pretty close to them again no.

Looking at the last day of the season Hull have Man. United at home who will probably be still fighting for top 4 and Sunderland have to go to Chelsea so it would be good to be ahead of those two going into the last game aswell as the other three teams.

That win convinced me even more that Lambert is 100% to blame.

I defended Lambert but it's starting to look that way.

If we are relegated on GD then Lambert should be thrown in Winson Green and the key thrown away.

• Like 1

Tonights win was HUGE considering we still have some very difficult fixtures coming up. That Benteke penalty might end up being the defining moment for us this year...and maybe years to come.

• Like 2

We're three points behind Everton.

Imagine if Everton just collapsed and went down....and we stayed up, lol
They could also win the Europa League (they seem to be in good form in that competition) and therefore qualify for the champions League whilst being relegated.

That's a special season for any team.

Edited by El-Reacho
  • Like 2

Lets not get carried away

Pullis got it completley wrong in trying to play a local derby like a normal away match - they set out to fustrate us - which was never going to work in a local Derby. In addition Foster had the match from Hell - we snatched the points in the 3rd minute of Injury time - and Benteke (on whom are survival hinges) had another poor night.

3 points - and more shots on goal than in a long time though - which is encouraging - but there is a way to go in this battle...

I think you're right.

Sadly I think there will be a few freak results from now on - 3 more wins gives us 34 points - 35 was enough last year ??

As per the bold above, I'm assuming we'll get a few draws as well, not relying purely on wins

Edited by Stevo985

I think you're right.

As per the bold above, I'm assuming we'll get a few draws as well, not relying purely on wins

Sherwood doesn't do draws !

What are our remaining home games?

Swansea

QPR

Everton

West Ham

Burnley

All "winnable" to be fair, given Everton's form all season and West Ham's current form. I'd say Swansea is the toughest.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1