Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

If its got anything to do with sherwood, I can't see him letting big players to go easy if we end up in the fizzy pop league.

Sherwood won't be here next season if we get relegated

he let slip in this morning papers

"I hope I get enough time to turn it around"

Could be taken either way I suppose - but its a hint that he won't be here should the worse happen

I think you're seeing something that isn't there to be honest.

What he actually said was

"I’m just hoping I’ve got enough time here to save the situation"

He's just talking about saving us from relegation

Gotta say, we are still in this until the final day so long as we are a win away from the last relegation spot. Went and had a look at Sunderland forums yesterday and they're saying Adam Nonceson's contributed something like a third of their assists this season - so I can see it being between at least us and two other teams for that final relegation spot.

My opinion.

Or my wish.

One of the two.

Fair enough, I disagree though as I think he will remain in charge next season even if the worst happens.

I personally believe he will keep us up, it will be close but he's a winner no matter what the Cockney's say.

My opinion.

Or my wish.

One of the two.

Fair enough, I disagree though as I think he will remain in charge next season even if the worst happens.

I personally believe he will keep us up, it will be close but he's a winner no matter what the Cockney's say.

I hope he'll keep us up. That's obviously the thing I want to happen more than anything.

If he doesn't then I think he should go.

But it's very negative to be talking about that. I think he's got enough to keep us up too.

So Lambert spends over two and a half seasons and several transfer windows gradually making this team worse and breaking numerous unwanted records on the way and some people wanted to give him more time (even as recent as January). Sherwood gets 13 games, no transfer windows and if he can't undo the mess that Lambert created he should go.

Amazing.  :D

If we go down then he will have failed at the job he was hired to do.

We'll then be in the Championship with a rookie manager with no experience of getting teams promoted.

He'd probably deserve to have a go at getting us promoted.

But with so much riding on us getting promoted straight away (TV money) I'd much rather we got someone like Allardyce (available in the summer) to come in than gamble by keeping Sherwood.

I don't see what's so "amazing" about that opinion. I would have thought someone who wanted Lambert sacked for a long time would recognise the damage that could be done by keeping a manager who is showing he isn't good enough?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Proclaim it through my host,

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,

Let him depart; his passport shall be made,

And crowns for convoy put into his purse;

We would not play in that man’s company

That fears his fellowship to play with us.

This week is call’d the week we smashed the Baggies twice.

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,

Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam’d,

And rouse him at the name of BaggySmash.

He that shall live this day, and see old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say “To-morrow is BaggySmash.”

Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,

And say “These wounds I had on BaggySmash day.”

Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,

But he’ll remember, with advantages,

What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,

Familiar in his mouth as household words-

Sherwood the King, Delph and Sanchez,

Gil and Clark, Benteke and Guzan-

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And BaggySmash day ne’er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered-

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so villa,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon BaggySmash day.

Love it.

He was given a contract until 2018 so he was clearly hired to do a bit more than just keep us up in the short term, and it must have occurred to those doing the hiring that he might fail given he was appointed with only 13 matches left and no transfer window?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a clause in his contract, making it easier to get rid if we get relegated. Of if we go down but we're unlucky in doing so, say we go on a good run but it's bettered by other teams, they might keep him on anyway.

He was given a contract until 2018 so he was clearly hired to do a bit more than just keep us up in the short term, and it must have occurred to those doing the hiring that he might fail given he was appointed with only 13 matches left and no transfer window?
Surely whoever was hired had the primary goal of keeping us in the league?

If they didn't then what the **** are we playing at?

If we go down then Sherwood has failed. That may or may not be his fault, the damage might be done. But that doesn't change the fact that the appointment would be a failure.

If we were happy to go down and carry on with whoever we have in charge then keeping Lambert was easily a better option.

• Like 2

Also I think we all know that giving a manager a contract until 2018 doesn't mean we plan on keeping him until then.

If we stay up then sure. But it doesn't mean we'll employ him until 2018 regardless of what happens.

If we go down he should go.

• Like 2

If we go down he should go.

he has a tough job, the rot with Lambert went on far too long, we should have **** him off in December at the latest, maybe even December 2013!!

Edited by KHV