Jonas Olsson

Supervillan78

Sorry if this has been posted already...from the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-plot-swoop-jonas-4635520

Aston Villa plot swoop for Jonas Olsson as replacement for Manchester United target Ron Vlaar

The 6ft 4ins Swede, 31, has been frozen out at West Brom since the arrival of former Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott

Switch: Could former Jonas Olsson cross from West Brom to Midlands rivals Aston Villa?

Aston Villa could raid neighbours West Brom for former captain Jonas Olsson if they lose the fight to keep their own skipper Ron Vlaar.

The 6ft 4ins Swede, 31, has been out of Albion’s first-team plans since September when former Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott took over.

And he would give Villa a ready-made answer in January if they are unable to hold off Manchester United’s interest in Dutch World Cup star Vlaar.

Villa boss Paul Lambert has the backing of owner Randy Lerner to turn down United, even though it means he could lose his captain for nothing in the summer.

But with contract talks failing to even get started, and Vlaar’s agent warning this week that it was time for his client to find “a nice big move”, he will find it hard to block United boss Louis van Gaal’s approaches.

I'd rather keep Vlaar personally, never rated Olsson.

Olsson is a dick. But he's better than Baker, Okore, Clark and probably Senderos. So I wouldn't be too annoyed if we went for him. Rather a fit Olsson than an injured Vlaar. However, back to my first point, Olsson is a dick, so I'd rather we found a younger, better defender. Remember when he got Herd sent off? Dick!

I was thinking he was a player we might make a move for as he is not getting games where he is. I very much doubt they would want him to move to us. But I think he would be a good signing and this is a position we need to get cover for injuries for whether or not our captain goes sooner rather than later. 

It might not be viable in a money-uber-alles sport where people happily welcome back serious criminals if they're likely to score enough goals, but I'd still prefer mine to be a club whose players are at least a little bit likeable. Let's face it, they'll need to be likeable if they're going to be crap.

Jonas Olsson is a weapons-grade prick. No thanks.

As a player, I don't think he is as bad as being made out by some but it would be a bit too stop-gap-ish for my liking. I suppose it depends how much we get for Vlaar to reinvest in his replacement though. However, that report seems to be nothing more than pure conjecture anyway.

Â