Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On topic though. Coffee. I mean I drink the stuff. It's fine. But I don't depend on it medically in the morning like some and the taste doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy. Basically coffee is a way to get out of the office twice a day for fresh air and a chat. I never drink it at home.

That's because you drink that instant shit. That ain't coffee.

On topic though. Coffee. I mean I drink the stuff. It's fine. But I don't depend on it medically in the morning like some and the taste doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy. Basically coffee is a way to get out of the office twice a day for fresh air and a chat. I never drink it at home.

That's because you drink that instant shit. That ain't coffee.

I don't. I go to a bloody fancy shop with the others who are actual junkies. What that has done has made me realise that instant is barely-flavoured water but it still hasn't given me a rubbery one for proper coffee. It just means it now costs me €4 a day to go for a chat.
  • Like 2

I can take it or leave it, me.

CIROBdKXAAAiHY6.jpg

it's mostly about the mug...

The conversation was about coffee, not freeze dried caffeinated granules. They don't even say coffee on the tins. :)

My grandmother considered "real" coffee to be the instant stuff. She recoiled in horror once when I offered her a freshly ground and brewed cup of Hawaiian Kona, the silly bird.

I don't get why so many people 'drink monster energy drink'. i tried it, didn't like it and I don't get why it's so popular.

This, but for Red Bull.
  • Like 1

I don't get why so many people 'drink monster energy drink'. i tried it, didn't like it and I don't get why it's so popular.

This, but for Red Bull.

my theory:

if you are drinking monster red bull, then you must be needing to replenish a serious draw on your energy reserves

so you must have been having it large

so you must be recently back from doing something cool, like a marathon, or a rave, or base jumping, or landing that Hong Kong property deal

that is the 'image' of the branding and the message, the modern equivalent of fag advertising

whereas, in reality as I drive past the bus stop and see somebody drinking it, I just think 'chav'

• Like 1

home now, I can use my own coffee - that tastes of coffee, in a mug that just screams 'class'

19120791635_c00b457b0c_k.jpg

yeah, local TV is really junk. As far as I can see, our local tv has two programmes

there's one programme where two women stand in a kitchen and talk about food

the other programme is repeats of some 10 year old driving instructor reality tv crap

I have a bad feeling the channel is receiving a grant that if you trace it back, started life as my money

Edited by chrisp65

Â