limpid

I fully agree with the last bit, but I don't think any managers say anything different.

Most managers get the best results by not overcomplicating things and confusing the players. They have to rely on the players own abilities for positioning etc. Trying to tell them to do this and that in certain situations just isn't realistic. They'll give simple instructions - 'stay tight on him', 'he always like to cut inside' etc. but advanced plays of where to stand and where to go during a particular situation in open play just doesn't get discussed. This isn't american football. Players have a split second to make a decision, you start making them hesitate while trying to remember what the boss said and you're in trouble.

But there's a difference between giving lots of specific instructions/positions in different passages of play and having no plan at all. We don't seem to have an actual gameplan. That's the point I'm making (which seemed clear to everyone but you). At most, I can imagine Lambert asks them to defend well, work hard and attack down the wings. That's not good enough. All teams need instructions for movement, or they will be static and easily picked off (like we often are).

Shots on target:

WH: 2

AV: 3

See how shots on target mean nothing?

See how many points u get with no shots on target, smarta**. To even state shots on target means nothing doesn't make any sense

You can theoretically get one point each game you have 0 shots on target. And you can theoretically get 0 points with unlimited shots on target, each game. Yes, I am a smart**.

Shots on target:

WH: 2

AV: 3

See how shots on target mean nothing?

See how many points u get with no shots on target, smarta**. To even state shots on target means nothing doesn't make any sense

Shots on target mean nothing.

The goal that beat us last week wasn't a shot on target.

Better for us than them, we've got to hope they've blown themselves out a bit, it will put a bit of a dent in their confidence and it might help ours - the first five ir ten minutes of the second half will be important - if we get through them, we can win this.

Are you serious, we have been played off the park for 95% of the half. 

And it's nil nil.

Which team is going to feel better about that?

If I was West Ham I'd be far more confident of going on to win (or at least not lose) based on the first half performance. With that in mind I'd say it was a better half for them. 

Maybe I just like our outfit, but I think we can get a point at least. Maybe even three if it stays scoreless for another 20 mins and they get frustrated.

I have to say, I do like our white kit.

Maybe I just like our outfit, but I think we can get a point at least. Maybe even three if it stays scoreless for another 20 mins and they get frustrated.

I have to say, I do like our white kit.
But not our chances ;)? Edited by AVTuco

Better for us than them, we've got to hope they've blown themselves out a bit, it will put a bit of a dent in their confidence and it might help ours - the first five ir ten minutes of the second half will be important - if we get through them, we can win this.

Are you serious, we have been played off the park for 95% of the half. 

And it's nil nil.

Which team is going to feel better about that?

If I was West Ham I'd be far more confident of going on to win (or at least not lose) based on the first half performance. With that in mind I'd say it was a better half for them. 

They've been on a run of wins, they know they're in a false position, they aren't a top four side and they'll be wondering when the run will come to an end - they've failed to score despite playing well - towards the end of the half you could see the confidence starting to drain from them. I think that works very much in our favour. 

Whether that's enough is a different question, but as to who will be happier to come out second half at nil nil it'll be us.

Unless you're saying we deserved more from the first half.

How many times does it have to be said, Grealish is not the answer. This West Ham team are big an physical and would destroy little Grealish. Best thing for him is a little gym work then we can have a look. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan but he would be good against Arsenal but not here.